This is a discussion on Instrument Cluster Diagnostic Mode within the Full Size Ranger Discussion forums, part of the Polaris Ranger Forum category; The wrench icon will display when the gauge is in the diagnostic mode. To exit the diagnostic mode, turn the key switch off and on. ...
|Full Size Ranger Discussion Talk about the full-size ranger|
||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Search this Thread||Display Modes|
|01-01-2008, 05:21 PM||#1|
Instrument Cluster Diagnostic Mode
The wrench icon will display when the gauge is in the diagnostic mode. To exit the diagnostic mode, turn the key switch off and on. Any movement of the tires will also cause the gauge to exit the diagnostic mode.
1. Turn the key switch off and wait 10 seconds.
2. Lock the parking brake.
3. Place the transmission in neutral.
4. Hold the mode/reverse override button and turn the key switch on. Release the switch as soon as the display is activated.
5. Use the mode button to toggle through the diagnostic screens.
Battery Voltage Screen
View this screen to check battery voltage level.
View the tachometer to check engine speed.
AWD Diagnostic Screen
The gauge indicates whether or not current is flowing through the AWD coil ( only on models with switchable AWD ) . This screen is for informational purposes only.
Gear Circuit Diagnostic Screen
This screen displays the resistance value in (ohms) being read at the gear switch input of the gauge. This screen is for informational purposes only.
Programmable Service Interval Screen
When the hours of the engine operation equal the programmed service interval setting, the wrench icon will flash for 5 seconds each time the engine is started. When this feature is enabled, it provides a convenient reminder to perform routine maintenance.
How to set the Programmable Service Interval
To enable or disable the service interval:
1. Enter the Diagnostic Mode.
2. Toggle to the service interval screen.
3. Press and Hold the mode button for about 7 seconds, until either ON or Off appears in the rider Information Center, Depending on your preference.
To Reset the Service Interval:
1. Enter the diagnostic mode.
2. Toggle to the service interval screen.
3. Press and hold the mode button for 2-3 seconds, until the wrench icon flashes. Release the button.
4. Press and release the mode button once to advance the setting by one hour. Press and hold the mode button to advance the hours quickly.
Note: If you scroll past the intended number, press and hold the button until the hours cycle back to zero.
5. When the desired setting is displayed, wait until the wrench icon stops flashing. The new service interval is now programmed.
The EFI diagnostic mode is for informational purposes only.
1. Engage the parking brake
2. Stop the engine
3. Turn the key switch to the ON position.
4. Turn the key switch off and on three times in less than 5 seconds, then leave the switch ON. Any blink code numbers stored in the EFI module will display, one at a time, on the screen. The number "61" and the words " END " displays after all the codes have been transmitted.
-- No RPM Signal
21 Loss of Synchronization
45 Barometric Pressure Sensor. Circuit low input
46 Barometric pressure Sensor. Circuit High input
22 TPS: Open or short circuit to ground
22 TPS: Short circuit to Battery
23 RAM error: Defective ECU
42 Engine Temp Sensor Circuit: Short to ground
42 Engine Temp Sensor Circuit: Open or Short to Battery.
51 Injector 1: Open Load
51 Injector 1: Short circuit to ground
51 Injector 1: Short Circuit to battery
52 Injector 2: Open Load
52 Injector 2: Short Circuit to ground
52 Injector 2: Short Circuit to battery
53 Rear Differential: Open Load ( Ranger 4X4 Only )
53 Rear Differential: Short Circuit to ground ( Ranger 4X4 Only )
53 Rear Differential: Short Circuit to Battery ( Ranger 4X4 Only )
54 Engine Temp Lamp: Open Load
54 Engine Temp Lamp: Short Circuit to ground
54 Engine Temp Lamp: Short Circuit to battery
55 Diag Lamp: Open Load
55 Diag Lamp: Short Circuit to ground
55 Diag Lamp: Short Circuit to battery
56 Pump Relay: Open Load
56 Pump Relay: Short Circuit to Ground
56 Pump Relay: Short Circuit to Battery
57 Reverse Beeper: Open load
57 Reverse Beeper: Short Circuit to ground
57 Reverse Beeper: Short Circuit to battery
58 Cooling Fan: Open Load
58 Cooling Fan: Short Circuit to ground
58 Cooling Fan: Short Circuit to battery
41 Intake Air Temp Sensor: Open or Short Circuit to + sensor volatage
41 Intake Air Temp Sensor: Short Circuit to Ground
|Search tags for this page|
2007polaris diagnostic button,
2008 polaris ranger crew diagnostic check,
2008 rzr diagnostic test,
2011 polaris ranger error codes chart efi diagnostics,
2012 polaris ranger 500 efi diagnostic,
diagnostic mode on a polaris rzr,
how to enter diagnostic mode polaris ranger,
how to read instrument cluster on rzr s,
polaris diagnostic mode,
polaris ranger diagnostic mode,
polaris ranger instrument cluster readings,
polaris ranger instrument panel
Click on a term to search for related topics.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|instrument cluster and awd||cooper||Polaris RZR Forum Discussion||1||01-04-2011 01:57 PM|
|PRF in Maintenance Mode--October 27th||BamaBrandi||Announcements & Events||0||10-27-2009 04:42 AM|