Polaris Ranger Forum banner

I HAVE A 08 RANGER AND THE BELT SQUEALS SOME TIMES

10K views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  AZRangerGuy 
#1 ·
HOW DO I MAKE IT STOP IT DRIVES ME CRAZY

#2 ·
It could be one of two things. The clutch alignment could be off, which will require a special tool to ensure they properly aligned. One other thing the belt deflection could be to tight. Both of these things are critical to the longevity of the belt and clutches.

#7 ·
I just bought a 08 ranger xp le turbo silver about a month ago,the belt had a slight squeal when i first rode it,it has quit after i had put a few miles on it,everything seems good now and I have had it in some very rough places with no problems!

#8 ·
I agree about taking it back to your dealer. See what they say about it. Actually they are lieftime on belts as long as they are used properly.

#10 ·
There was a squealing sound from the belt on the new bike I went to pick up. I brought this noise to the attention of the dealer & they could not correct the problem within an hour so they assembled another new bike which ran fine. I do not know what the problem was & obviously the mechanic did not know either. Sounds like a warranty issue to me.

P.S. It only squealed when the wheels were turned left or right from a stopped position.
Mark

#13 ·
Guy's have the same problem with my 08 and took in to the dealer, I was told it was a clutch bearing and they have it on order. I will let you know if it fixed it when I get it back next week..

Tim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.