Polaris Ranger Forum - Header Left   Polaris Ranger Forum - Header Right

auxillary lights

This is a discussion on auxillary lights within the Full Size Ranger Discussion forums, part of the Polaris Ranger Forum category; im thinkin about fabbin up some kind of light bar to mount on the fron bumper of my ranger. anybody done this/got pics of this? ...

Go Back   RangerForums.net - Polaris Ranger Forum > Polaris Ranger Forum > Full Size Ranger Discussion

Full Size Ranger Discussion Talk about the full-size ranger

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-27-2008, 09:44 PM   #1

auxillary lights

im thinkin about fabbin up some kind of light bar to mount on the fron bumper of my ranger. anybody done this/got pics of this? my only concern is draining the battery...how can i fix this? i read an article that discussed this before i posted and ppl seemed to think that just a bigger battery would help.
Old 02-27-2008, 09:47 PM   #2

Send a message via Yahoo to caglezxj
Re: auxillary lights

A bigger battery would help, but I think if you go with the HID light conversion you will not have a problem. As for the front light bar what are you looking for?
Old 02-28-2008, 07:07 AM   #3

do HIDs not require as much power? and dont they cost a ton more? i was thinkin of somthin similar to the baja style HD bumpers for trucks ill get some pics this afternoon
Old 02-28-2008, 03:58 PM   #4

this is the bumper i have:

i want to weld a bar on top of the horizontal bar to make it look along the lines of these:

shouldn't be too hard right? i just needa figure out what lights i want to use and make a design to fit them. then i gotta figure out how to wire them in, i think id like to wire them into the high beams so high and auxillary come on together. what do yall think
Old 02-28-2008, 07:02 PM   #5

I got some equipment lights at Tractor Supply and welded tabs to mount them under the roll cage. I have the back on, I need to do the front and wire them all up. As far as the battery goes, I'm just going to put in a small car battery.
GPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 07:21 PM   #6

Last weekend , I turned on my Go-Light, remote controlled spotlight, and my battery light came on...had the headlights on bright, the top off road lights (on top of the cab) and the heater going................kinda spooked me, but then on Sat night, tried it again and all was well, guess the battery was down some from sitting for about 3 weeks!!!!!!

am going to add a bigger battery or a 2nd one before I finish!!!
1st Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 10:53 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1st
Last weekend , I turned on my Go-Light, remote controlled spotlight, and my battery light came on...had the headlights on bright, the top off road lights (on top of the cab) and the heater going................kinda spooked me, but then on Sat night, tried it again and all was well, guess the battery was down some from sitting for about 3 weeks!!!!!!

thats a lot of lights! nice ranger btw, looks great from your avatar. do you have any pics of your light set up?

where is there space for a second battery? and do i really need one? i dont do all that much night driving, i actually dont drive the ranger than much, i dont get to the country often. i just dont wanna be driving a mile from the house in the middle of the night and have it die.
Old 02-28-2008, 10:54 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPER
I got some equipment lights at Tractor Supply and welded tabs to mount them under the roll cage. I have the back on, I need to do the front and wire them all up. As far as the battery goes, I'm just going to put in a small car battery.
do you have any pictures of your setup?
Old 02-29-2008, 05:12 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackh
Quote:
Originally Posted by GPER
do you have any pictures of your setup?
Not yet but I'll get some this weekend.
GPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 07:47 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackh
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1st

thats a lot of lights! nice ranger btw, looks great from your avatar. do you have any pics of your light set up?

will try to get some posted this weeked......I think there are some posted already, in the Mods thread....new add for the TazMobile................as far as a 2nd battery..gonna have to find a spot........I might add it to the bed...that's down the road right now, if ya know what I mean..........as far as night driving...in hunting season, I usually drive 10-15 miles a day to and from the stand, mostly in the dark............this time of year, and soring and summer, we ride the woods on the lease and out to the sandbar on the river to fish/play, and it is cooler at hnight.......besides...I like to see where I am going!!!!!!!

as far as the Remote controlled spotlight...it's on a magnetic mount......sometimes my rig is used at work patrolling power lines in remote areas, that's where it comes in handy! the company has a 'gator' for that, but it is 35 miles away, and sometimes it is tied up, so I use mine, in my area to help me, saves a lot of legwork....and my customers out.........the company reimburses me when I uase it!!

where is there space for a second battery? and do i really need one? i dont do all that much night driving, i actually dont drive the ranger than much, i dont get to the country often. i just dont wanna be driving a mile from the house in the middle of the night and have it die.
1st Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   RangerForums.net - Polaris Ranger Forum > Polaris Ranger Forum > Full Size Ranger Discussion

Search tags for this page
can u install 55watt lights on a polaris ranger
how many lights can you put on a polaris ranger
how to install hid baha lights on polaris rager
how to wire auxially lights for a polaris ranger
polaris 27 light bar install
polaris ranger light bar install
polaris ranger spotlight

polaris rzr bumpers

rzr bumper

rzr bumpers

should im weld on my polaris ranger
spotlight for polaris ranger
Click on a term to search for related topics.