Polaris Ranger Forum - Header Left   Polaris Ranger Forum - Header Right

Starter doesnt engage!

This is a discussion on Starter doesnt engage! within the Full Size Ranger Discussion forums, part of the Polaris Ranger Forum category; On my 09 after i ride it for 30 min or so and turn it off when i go to start it its like the ...

Go Back   RangerForums.net - Polaris Ranger Forum > Polaris Ranger Forum > Full Size Ranger Discussion

Full Size Ranger Discussion Talk about the full-size ranger

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-24-2009, 08:01 PM   #1

Starter doesnt engage!

On my 09 after i ride it for 30 min or so and turn it off when i go to start it its like the starter doesnt engage.Then I turn key off and try again and it starts every time.Dealer just says cant fix it if they dont see it do it.Any body else have this problem or know why it does it.
powerstroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 10-26-2009, 01:09 AM   #2

Re: Starter doesnt engage!

Carry ur dealer with you next time you go ridin. Sounds like they just don't want to fix it.

Heath
Old 11-03-2009, 04:01 PM   #3

Had same problem, took to dealer, but couldn't get it to act up. He tightened battery cables and that problem has quit. But now after it gets warm it runs rough and has no power. Sometimes if I turn it off and start again it runs fine until turned off, sometimes not. Called dealer, he has no idea. I'm to bring to them Thursday. I WILL run it until it acts up this time. Only 2 months of warranty left.
threevalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 10:26 AM   #4

I have a 09 and when it was new, less than 60-70 hrs on it it would do that if I ran it hard for a while shut it off and like with in 10 mins of shutting it off started it again the starter would do that. seems to have gone away over time I think it has something to do with the engine being new and building a lot of heat while its breaking in. but I have not noticed it in awhile, I also add a 2nd battery for other reason but that may have helped , my dealer also could not find anything wrong. I have about 160 hrs on mine now and starter still working so dont worry to much
chadjones99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   RangerForums.net - Polaris Ranger Forum > Polaris Ranger Forum > Full Size Ranger Discussion

Search tags for this page
2006 polaris ranger 700 starter not engaging
2006 polaris ranger starter does not engage

2008 polaris rzr turning key does not engage the starter

2009 polaris ranger starter

2011 polaris ranger starter doesnt always engage

atv bendix won't engage fix

atv starter won't engage
polaris ranger 500 starter wont engage every time

polaris ranger starter not engaging

polaris ranger starter won't engage

ranger 700 efi starter wont engage
rzr bendix wont engage flywheel
Click on a term to search for related topics.