Polaris Ranger Forum banner

Starter doesnt engage!

7K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  chadjones99 
#1 ·
On my 09 after i ride it for 30 min or so and turn it off when i go to start it its like the starter doesnt engage.Then I turn key off and try again and it starts every time.Dealer just says cant fix it if they dont see it do it.Any body else have this problem or know why it does it.

#3 ·
Had same problem, took to dealer, but couldn't get it to act up. He tightened battery cables and that problem has quit. But now after it gets warm it runs rough and has no power. Sometimes if I turn it off and start again it runs fine until turned off, sometimes not. Called dealer, he has no idea. I'm to bring to them Thursday. I WILL run it until it acts up this time. Only 2 months of warranty left.

#4 ·
I have a 09 and when it was new, less than 60-70 hrs on it it would do that if I ran it hard for a while shut it off and like with in 10 mins of shutting it off started it again the starter would do that. seems to have gone away over time I think it has something to do with the engine being new and building a lot of heat while its breaking in. but I have not noticed it in awhile, I also add a 2nd battery for other reason but that may have helped , my dealer also could not find anything wrong. I have about 160 hrs on mine now and starter still working so dont worry to much

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.