Polaris Ranger Forum - Header Left   Polaris Ranger Forum - Header Right

Anyone have the Ranger 400?

This is a discussion on Anyone have the Ranger 400? within the Full Size Ranger Discussion forums, part of the Polaris Ranger Forum category; I am contemplating buying the Ranger 400 or the Rhino 450 and can't make up my mind. One big question I have is will the ...

Go Back   RangerForums.net - Polaris Ranger Forum > Polaris Ranger Forum > Full Size Ranger Discussion

Full Size Ranger Discussion Talk about the full-size ranger

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-23-2010, 04:07 PM   #1

Anyone have the Ranger 400?

I am contemplating buying the Ranger 400 or the Rhino 450 and can't make up my mind. One big question I have is will the Rhanger 400 fit in the bed of a 1500 GMC Sierra extended cab I live in a neighborhood so I don't have room to park a trailer (I really need to move and get some land! ha ) So, whatever I get has to fit in my truck. For those that own one, let me hear how your ranger 400 is treating you. And is the real world top speed on the them actually 40mph like polaris claims? Thanks everyone!
Arkrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 07-24-2010, 10:03 AM   #2

Re: Anyone have the Ranger 400?

I work for a school maintanence dept. and we bought a 2010 400 ranger this year to use. It has 40 something hours on it.
I like it. I considered buying one myself. (like you, it would fit better in the means of transportantion I have available)

The reason I'm thinking of going with the full size ranger is, I think the 400 would need more power to carry six people around like I plan to do.(up hills on rough dirt roads)(or possibly sand dunes)

The 40 mph top speed sounds pretty fast to me. Ours has never been driven that fast, but I believe it would go that fast.
I would buy one, if I was planning on only carrying 2 or three people.

Good luck.
covill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 01:24 AM   #3

I got a Ranger 400 the 1st of July and I love it! I went to a dealer that sold the Kawasaki Mule and the Ranger 400. I was looking at the Mule and the salesman told me about the 400. When I saw how much more the Ranger 400 offered I went with the Ranger and couldn't be happier. I have a 88 Chevy k1500 long bed with a tool box and I'm pretty sure it will fit in the bed. The rear wheels may be on the tailgate, I haven't tried to load it in the truck yet. When I picked it up from the dealer I brought a trailer with a dovetail rear and loaded it on that trailer without even putting down the ramps! I also installed a wireless remote controlled winch on it I got from Harbor Freight Tools on sale for $59. I did have to make a mount and relocate the remote control box on the winch. I think you will be very happy if you decide on the Ranger 400 I know I am. Larry
countryal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 04:04 PM   #4

I have a 2011 ranger 400HO. My truck has a 6 1/2 ft bed. I will not put the ranger in the truck as the rear wheels will be on the tailgate and most likely break the straps. I have a trailer 68" by 10'. If your bed is 8' you are golden. it will fit. Youtube has a video of this being done. the 400 is 56 1/2 inches wide x 9' long. I never saw a rhino but then again I never saw a 400. I ordered it and picked it up. I love it so far. doug
doug63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 09:25 PM   #5

I bought mine used in Nov 2009 it had 17hrs on it (couldn't belive a used one already)! Its a great ride. The 700 is a bit smoother since it has a twin cylinder, but they can't follow me in the woods because I fit between the narrower trees! I love it and am just installing a front reciever this weekend.
ndfar is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   RangerForums.net - Polaris Ranger Forum > Polaris Ranger Forum > Full Size Ranger Discussion

Search tags for this page
how fast does a polaris ranger 400 go
how fast will a polaris ranger 400 go
polaris 400 ranger top speed

polaris ranger 400 top speed

polaris ranger 400 vs rhino 450

ranger 400 top speed

ranger 400 vs rhino 450
rhino 450 vs ranger 400
top speed of polaris ranger 400
top speed polaris ranger 400
top speed ranger 400
yamaha rhino 450 vs polaris ranger 400
Click on a term to search for related topics.