Polaris Ranger Forum - Header Left   Polaris Ranger Forum - Header Right

Ranger 400

This is a discussion on Ranger 400 within the Full Size Ranger Discussion forums, part of the Polaris Ranger Forum category; I recently purchased a 2011 Ranger 400 and currently have 31 hours on the machine. I use it mainly for deer hunting, but it is ...

Go Back   RangerForums.net - Polaris Ranger Forum > Polaris Ranger Forum > Full Size Ranger Discussion

Full Size Ranger Discussion Talk about the full-size ranger

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-23-2011, 11:11 AM   #1

Ranger 400

I recently purchased a 2011 Ranger 400 and currently have 31 hours on the machine. I use it mainly for deer hunting, but it is too much fun not to joy ride when possible. I was at first concerned about the starter gear not disengaging immediately after releasing the key, but that has gotten better. It seems to run better and start better after I have opportunity to run at higher rpm's for several minutes before parking, however, most of my driving during deer season is slow and easy. I have not seen much talk about the 400 and would very much like to hear from other owners about any concerns or problems they have encountered.
Glynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 01-24-2011, 06:37 AM   #2

We've only had self inflicted problems, like sinking the front end over the vent tube. The only issue/complaint i have is out bed has always rattled more than i think it should. i have added rubber cushions and tried several tricks to take the vibration noise out, but nothing seems to work.

Love to hunt deer also...
Old 01-24-2011, 07:17 AM   #3

The plastic roof installed by the dealer rattles in one spot. I stuffed one of my gloves between the roll bar and roof, until my hands got cold. That is the only rattle that has had my attention. It appears from your picture you had a good day hunting.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:16 AM   #4

yeah, not bad. We like to can the meat in the pressure cooker and use it for stews and in other meals.

I am wanting to add a hard top roof, but can't decide between a plastic one or a diamond plate. I have abad habit of driving thru thick stuff and Spring always brings down tree branches and i'd like to have something that can take my abuse.
Old 01-24-2011, 12:54 PM   #5

I use a roll of adhesive truck topper foam between all my tops and roll-bars and it always quiets everything right up..
Code Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 05:59 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jll4lee View Post
yeah, not bad. We like to can the meat in the pressure cooker and use it for stews and in other meals.

I am wanting to add a hard top roof, but can't decide between a plastic one or a diamond plate. I have abad habit of driving thru thick stuff and Spring always brings down tree branches and i'd like to have something that can take my abuse.
My plastic top has claimed a few tree limbs without damage. I expect that to change when the top gets some age on it. I do not like to think of myself as being abusive to equipment, but I purchased this thing to get me where I wanted to go. Good luck with whatever you choose.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   RangerForums.net - Polaris Ranger Forum > Polaris Ranger Forum > Full Size Ranger Discussion

Search tags for this page
2011 polaris ranger 400 review
2011 polaris ranger 400 reviews
polaris 400 ranger reviews

polaris ranger 400 forum

polaris ranger 400 forums

polaris ranger 400 problems

polaris ranger 400 reliability

polaris ranger 400 review

polaris ranger 400 reviews

polaris ranger 400 top speed
problems with polaris ranger 400
ranger 400 review
Click on a term to search for related topics.