Polaris Ranger Forum - Header Left   Polaris Ranger Forum - Header Right

800 xp

This is a discussion on 800 xp within the Full Size Ranger Discussion forums, part of the Polaris Ranger Forum category; I was needing some help on choosing what drive belt is best for my machine.I have ran only Polaris belt on this ranger. I have ...

Go Back   RangerForums.net - Polaris Ranger Forum > Polaris Ranger Forum > Full Size Ranger Discussion

Full Size Ranger Discussion Talk about the full-size ranger

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-29-2012, 03:34 PM   #1

800 xp

I was needing some help on choosing what drive belt is best for my machine.I have ran only Polaris belt on this ranger. I have burnt this one. It is a 2010
ccullum is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 02-01-2012, 09:08 PM   #2

Typically OEM belts are the best. EPI also has a good product. Polaris all but runs a sled clutch, they're hard on belts.
Slacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 06:58 PM   #3

Yup put a cluch kit in sport cluch kit and that will solve you belt burning
bigbuckhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 04:47 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuckhunter View Post
Yup put a cluch kit in sport cluch kit and that will solve you belt burning
Does that correct the constant belt slippage issues that these clutches seem to all have? Or is there any way to fix the belt slippage in these CVT's?
wildbill23c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 08:46 PM   #5

Yes and no. By manipulating the engagement you change the conditions that the belt is engaged under. That makes sense huh? A better way to say it is if you make the clutch act in a way that keep the belt engaged rather than engaging and disengaging all the time you'll extend the belts life. A tighter secondary and lighter primary will accomplish that. How much of each depends on your tires, elevation and what you want to make the machine do. Thats why I use Speedwerx, they know what I need when I tell them what I want a machine to do.

Nope, there really isn't a way on the Ranger to stop slip. Lacking a wet clutch is a sentence to a life of slipping the belt. I make an effort to keep the belt engaged when I'm running the Ranger around. It's difficult when a guy is crawling or other low speed stuff.
Old 02-07-2012, 11:11 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slacker View Post
Yes and no. By manipulating the engagement you change the conditions that the belt is engaged under. That makes sense huh? A better way to say it is if you make the clutch act in a way that keep the belt engaged rather than engaging and disengaging all the time you'll extend the belts life. A tighter secondary and lighter primary will accomplish that. How much of each depends on your tires, elevation and what you want to make the machine do. Thats why I use Speedwerx, they know what I need when I tell them what I want a machine to do.

Nope, there really isn't a way on the Ranger to stop slip. Lacking a wet clutch is a sentence to a life of slipping the belt. I make an effort to keep the belt engaged when I'm running the Ranger around. It's difficult when a guy is crawling or other low speed stuff.
Sounds like Polaris needs to hire Yamaha to build their clutches at least. How long does a belt on a Ranger usually last? I've had a couple Yamaha ATV's that pulled over 3k before I replaced the belts and only replaced them because I had the case open for inspection.
wildbill23c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 10:20 PM   #7

My Crew has around 10,300 miles on it and according to the previous owner it's been through 3 or 4. I expect to put another one on before summer as a matter of maintenance. Granted it was a rental and that can be pretty hard service, but the guy is diligent about maintenance. I have an Arctic Cat 4 wheeler that I brutalize almost every time it's out and the belt is trouble free.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   RangerForums.net - Polaris Ranger Forum > Polaris Ranger Forum > Full Size Ranger Discussion

Search tags for this page

2010 polaris ranger 800 xp drive belt

2011 polaris ranger 800 xp belt

2012 polaris ranger 800 xp drive belt

best belt for a 2009 polaris ranger 700

best belt for polaris ranger

best drive belt for polaris ranger

best drive belt for polaris ranger 800

how to check belt for 2010 polaris ranger

polaris ranger 800 drive belt

polaris ranger 800 xp drive belt

polaris ranger belt slipping

symptoms of bad drive belt clutch polaris ranger

Click on a term to search for related topics.