Polaris Ranger Forum - Header Left   Polaris Ranger Forum - Header Right

2012 Ranger 800 problem after problem

This is a discussion on 2012 Ranger 800 problem after problem within the Full Size Ranger Discussion forums, part of the Polaris Ranger Forum category; 1. the gears were ruined for no apparent reason, and appeared that they were not hardened properly in the factory, but the Polaris would not ...

Go Back   RangerForums.net - Polaris Ranger Forum > Polaris Ranger Forum > Full Size Ranger Discussion

Full Size Ranger Discussion Talk about the full-size ranger

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-23-2012, 05:35 PM   #1

2012 Ranger 800 problem after problem

1. the gears were ruined for no apparent reason, and appeared that they were not hardened properly in the factory, but the Polaris would not cover under warranty. Over $1,000 later it was fixed. Complete hogwash that it wasn't covered, considering the machine has never been abused or on a mud ride.
2. The entire machine squeaked terribly, and we fixed that my adding grease fittings to all of the joints and etc.
3. Now the front differential went out while driving it through small dry ditch in my neighborhood. Saying it will cost $900 to get this fixed.

All of this happening and the machine is only 8 months old. There is no way that I would purchase one again, b/c Polaris basically has no warranty coverage. They are not willing to cover anything for any reason, and I wish I would have known that it was going to be like this. Unless they can make it right, we will go back to the Rhino's that we have had in the past.
pinoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 08-23-2012, 09:12 PM   #2

Thanks for the report. I am so glad mine is older (2006). I would never buy a new one, there are way too many situations like yours.
Russ Chastain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 12:30 PM   #3

I'm sorry to hear that you got a dud. There are four of them in our acreage community all 2012's and we go on long rides every week and nobody has had any issues, and we have put them through some serious terrain, not to mention the work we do with them. I hope that Polaris comes through for you.
gadget463 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 11:23 PM   #4

Thumbs down 2012 800 hd

i bought new 800hd with boss lift system this intire unit is total garbage ,dont not buy this system on the new 800 hd waste of money and polaris warrenty is nothing but a scam
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoak View Post
1. the gears were ruined for no apparent reason, and appeared that they were not hardened properly in the factory, but the Polaris would not cover under warranty. Over $1,000 later it was fixed. Complete hogwash that it wasn't covered, considering the machine has never been abused or on a mud ride.
2. The entire machine squeaked terribly, and we fixed that my adding grease fittings to all of the joints and etc.
3. Now the front differential went out while driving it through small dry ditch in my neighborhood. Saying it will cost $900 to get this fixed.

All of this happening and the machine is only 8 months old. There is no way that I would purchase one again, b/c Polaris basically has no warranty coverage. They are not willing to cover anything for any reason, and I wish I would have known that it was going to be like this. Unless they can make it right, we will go back to the Rhino's that we have had in the past.
randall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 11:03 PM   #5

always buy a 5 year warranty
scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:45 PM   #6

I have 2011 and its a piece of shit they are made for people that don't use them often mine spend more time in the shop then I have had it and Polaris won't do anything should have bought a gator
2kmelat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 09:45 AM   #7

All ATV's regardless of brand are not covered under their own manufacturer's warranty 99% of the time. My Yamaha Rhino had horrible grinding and vibration in 4WD and my dealer kept passing it off as being a UTV it has a longer front drive shaft so it creates a lot of vibration, yeah ok, whatever. If you buy an ATV for its intended purpose, you must have money to afford it in the first place, and should expect unexpected repair bills plain and simple you buy a toy you pay for it. I've had my share of issues in the past with ATV's and I've learned to find the faults myself and correct them myself because the dealer is going to rip you off time and time again. They are there for money not the initial sale so every little thing they can charge you for in repairs and service they're gonna do it.
wildbill23c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 08:24 PM   #8

front diff

mines is new with about 30hrs and broke two teeth off ring gear but 5yr warranty coming though for me good thing I got it before it goes out I'll trade in get another with 5yr warranty
GettinTipsy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:12 PM   #9

Just purchase a 2013 800 with the 5 year extended warranty. A couple clcose friends also have Polarises with extended warranties. Their machines are 3 and 4 years old respectively. They've both been taken in for repairs, some minor, some major and have had no issues with the dealership not making the repairs under warranty.

Before I purchased my Ranger I shopped around and its common that ATV's and UTV's only have 6 month factory warranties.

As WildBill23c says.....these are basically toys to be used roughly hence the ALL TERRAIN and UTILITY VEHICLE designation. They are'nt cars or pickups....their going to break.....plan for this..buy the extended warranty if you can.
ehenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:19 PM   #10

I wonder if you purchase a machine with the extended factory warranty if the dealer actually pays more attention and actually checks the unit over before delivery. Where as you buy the machine outright with the standard warranty or lack of really... and they just say here ya go have a nice day and don't even check it over? Kind of makes me really wonder if that's what happens.
wildbill23c is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   RangerForums.net - Polaris Ranger Forum > Polaris Ranger Forum > Full Size Ranger Discussion

Search tags for this page

2012 polaris ranger 800 problems

2012 polaris ranger 800 recalls

2012 polaris ranger 800 xp problems

2012 polaris ranger crew problems

2012 polaris ranger problems

2012 ranger 800 xp problems
polaris 800 ranger problems

polaris ranger 800 problems

polaris ranger problems

polaris ranger xp 800 problems
problems with 2012 polaris ranger
problems with polaris ranger 800
Click on a term to search for related topics.