Polaris Ranger Forum - Header Left   Polaris Ranger Forum - Header Right

What is in your tool / emergency kit when you ride?

This is a discussion on What is in your tool / emergency kit when you ride? within the Full Size Ranger Discussion forums, part of the Polaris Ranger Forum category; Asking about belts and when to replace, it seems like most people carry an extra. Obviously, having the extra belt doesn't do you any good ...

Go Back   RangerForums.net - Polaris Ranger Forum > Polaris Ranger Forum > Full Size Ranger Discussion

Full Size Ranger Discussion Talk about the full-size ranger

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-25-2012, 09:45 PM   #1

What is in your tool / emergency kit when you ride?

Asking about belts and when to replace, it seems like most people carry an extra. Obviously, having the extra belt doesn't do you any good without the right equipment to change it with.... So that kids me to, what items really should be carried when out on trails?

2008 700XP

Thanks - Ryan
fast911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 08-26-2012, 07:11 PM   #2

Couple of big cans of Cambell soup, water, blue tarp with 50/50 cord to make a shelter. A weapon, Ham radio extra batteries, freq preprogramed for any known repeaters in area. Good LED flashlight.

Military surplus bag to store all. Add additional as money comes available. Google survival foods and you'll get a plethora amount of kits from 24hrs to two weeks to whole house food systems.

One and two person rations/kit

Mountain House Foods offer civilian type MRE's which do keep the best. Depends on heat exposure so on. I would like to buy a case but money seems to come into the short-play lately. Water, food first aid, shelter, warmth, communications, compass, map, Good knife Leathermen. unless your totally familiar with riding area.

State Parks... Stash the weapon and say nothing or don't take-it. Maintain low profile and you should be fine. I've located bunches of illicit contraband due to a persons body language. If your a piss-poor actor, don't bother CCW illegally. It'll bite you bad in the long run and can make you lose your entire right to own guns for up to 10yrs. I probably strayed a bit...

Out here in the boonies were I live during the week can have you pulling up to some young-nutters setting up large bottles of propane with electric igniters and so on... Other possibilities can range from drug labs to organized car theft rings stripping vehicles. Dumping bodies in the low-lying areas such as the desert (Mine-shafts) happens all the time.

Don't think your immune to violence. Especially riding alone.

<<<L>>>
Roscoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 07:35 PM   #3

Wow,Roscoe you sound like me . My wife complains that I overkill with stuff , she thinks I take the fun out of it cause it takes so long to unload.
Btw I don't mean to hijack the thread but does anyone have any good ideas on transporting 2 full size rangers ?

Thanks
jjluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 10:13 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjluv View Post
Btw I don't mean to hijack the thread but does anyone have any good ideas on transporting 2 full size rangers ?

Thanks
Get a big trailer - I have one that would probably work. The deck is 6'3" wide and 20' long. Never tried 2 Rangers but I've hauled a Ranger and a small tractor, and this week I'll probably haul a Ranger and a 3-person Jet Ski on its own trailer (about 13' long).
Russ Chastain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 11:12 PM   #5

Did you say you were selling yours Russ?
jjluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 07:55 PM   #6

First off (CELL PHONE) With that said i have a dual battery setup for extra juice, winch, chains, snatch block, 10,000lb tow rope with hooks. a decent sized socket set and bit set, and small tool pouch and crowbar, and a flashlight.. I keep a dedicated firearm in my Bigsky overhead rack (thanks Russchastain for that tip) and extra ammo.. I have a small Harbor freight portableA/C tire inflator and a slime tire repair kit in the glovebox. I dont ride so far away that i cant walk to my truck if my machine breaks down.. Oh, and gloves in the glove box..
Seriously i dont think ive ever taken my machine anywhere where help wasnt within a few miles if it was needed..
OtisblkR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 02:41 AM   #7

Out here where I am, we had a guy die two miles from his vehicle trying to walk out. None of the above on hand.

I agree with the guys above, if I am heading to a state OHV park I only take plenty of water and Kelloges Nature Valley bars. Most of the time my c-ph works out there. Oh by the way, get the number of the state park service and imput it in your phone, you may need it.

But elsewhere, these new all digital phones can't reach across the road it seems like. I see Wilson has some new extenders... back when phone technology was analog and extender system could reach about 65 miles. From hilltops they were seriously awesome!

But, I suppose the kiddies needed their bandwidth to send photos and update Mug-Book and Me-Space yadda-yadda so on. So? We lost excellent wireless phone service in favor of the Happy Jack and Jackie-ain't life the hot-tamale gravy train!

Depends greatly on time of the year as well. Gee? Am I giving my age away here fellas

Grouchy Ol' Coot!

<<<
Roscoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 07:44 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjluv View Post
Did you say you were selling yours Russ?
Nope.
Russ Chastain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 08:40 PM   #9

So, spare parts are not on the list for anyone? I read previously that belts can and will break, but it's not mentioned. If you do carry, wouldn't you need a jack, sockets, etc? Or aew belts not that fragile, just change out every xxxx miles?
fast911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 07:57 PM   #10

Protection against the elements, one element that did not come to mine. I always carry a gun in my truck for self protection. Never thought about putting my pistol in my Ranger. I believe I may have to add the most important addition. Simple addition.
PigsLife is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   RangerForums.net - Polaris Ranger Forum > Polaris Ranger Forum > Full Size Ranger Discussion

Search tags for this page
08 ranger standard tool kit
best way to transport polaris ranger
good rzr emergency kit?
polaris atv what tools should be carried on machine

polaris ranger 800 emergency kit

polaris ranger emergency kit
polaris ranger survival kit
polaris ranger tool kits

recommended spare parts polaris ranger emergency

rzr emergency kit

rzr forums things to carry with you when u ride
what emergency items to take on polaris ranger
Click on a term to search for related topics.