Polaris Ranger Forum - Header Left   Polaris Ranger Forum - Header Right

Ranger crew seat melted

This is a discussion on Ranger crew seat melted within the Full Size Ranger Discussion forums, part of the Polaris Ranger Forum category; Has anybody else had any problems with there 2012 crew back seat melting...

Go Back   RangerForums.net - Polaris Ranger Forum > Polaris Ranger Forum > Full Size Ranger Discussion

Full Size Ranger Discussion Talk about the full-size ranger

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-04-2012, 09:37 PM   #1

Ranger crew seat melted

Has anybody else had any problems with there 2012 crew back seat melting
hodbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 09-05-2012, 09:26 AM   #2

Wow! That is extreme. I've been monitoring this forum for a long time and I hadn't heard of it before.
Russ Chastain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:48 AM   #3

Another WOW!!! I have a 800 Crew 2010, and I have put 1,200 miles on mine in 2 years and 3 months, and in Michigan weather. We have had 30 some days this year, with the temp over 90. Mine has been hot and on the move almost every day, and NO Problem with the rear seat. It definitely gets hot riding back there (especially in the middle), but absolutely never had an issue like yours. But I have a insulation cover under my back seat, because of sitting right on top of the motor. Just a stick on style, works great.
mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:33 PM   #4

It does get hot in the back seat of my 2012 crew, but not that hot. You should check the exhaust under the seat and make sure none of the insulation is missing or out of place.
springhillmba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:10 PM   #5

@Mikey
Where did you get the insulation cover for your back seat?

Problem I have is I deer hunt in California at about 3,500 - 5,000 ft and my issue is the heat gets really warm, when the fan comes on its a little loud (mainly can be because I have a cab system), then also how to reduce noise level inside the cab?
Torquejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:19 PM   #6

Rear Seat on Polaris Ranger Crew 2011 Melted

In July of 2013 the rear seat of my Polaris Ranger 800 Crew 2011 melted and burned during a 4 hour ride on mountain roads. After noticing smoke I stopped and lifted the seat from the engine compartment and discovered that it had burned and was melting plastic onto the exhaust header/pipe. This poses a serious risk of fire because of the close proximity to the gas line and gas tank. Local Polaris dealer contacted the manufacturer whose response was that the Polaris was out of warranty and offered no solution to the rear seat melting nor to the safety issue. Have filed a report with the Consumer Product Safety Commission. If others have experience similar incidents I recommend they file a report as well.
ivanneedles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 04:24 PM   #7

Man that's just not right. The first-year RZR XP 900s had a similar problem and quite a few went up in flames. If you own one of those machines, out of warranty or not, Polaris is fixing them and installing a new heat-shield. No questions asked.... I guess they need a few Crews to turn-into ashes, or possibly kill someone before they will do anything......

ridepate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 08:58 PM   #8

Post a pic on the underside of the seat? Would like to see what hear barrier stuff is on there.

2012 RZR S.
Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 10:50 PM   #9

I know my 2011 800 XP has some of that metallic heat shield material on the bottom side of the seat in the middle. I have noticed, that the seat does get warm in the middle but it is not like so bad to be uncomfortable.

I do believe that some are experiencing some bad stuff with their Rangers. I guess pressure needs to be brought to have these things addressed.

I'm not a big fan of law suits, but unfortunately that is what is understood a lot of times .. other things brought to bare like consumer protection just doesn't cut the mustard.

Stuff like this happens all the time .. a lot of folks don't have the same problems and probably none at all with their machines. I know what sold me to buy a Polaris was my experience with my quad.

The one thing that I had a problem with, and the dealer warrantied it, was the exhaust flange was damaged in production and it developed a leak after a few hours. That machine has never left me anywhere, Ive never babied it but I do take care of it, I need too ... sometimes I can be places with, that's a long way to walk out.

So I buy my Ranger, and I start experiencing a problem with the Throttle, and in working to solve the problem, I found this forum. LOL ... I've never actually participated much, I have read a lot of different forums.

... But, I solved my problem, it was an easy fix thankfully. I've seen a lot of good help here for problem for different people and that's cool, that,s the beauty of this platform .. People relating issues and getting help and giving help.

Does no good to pour the drama all around, it just doesn't make a difference for anything for any good.
ALNeenyo is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   RangerForums.net - Polaris Ranger Forum > Polaris Ranger Forum > Full Size Ranger Discussion

Search tags for this page
2010 polaris ranger melting seat
full size polaris ranger backseat

polaris 800 crew back seat melting

polaris melted

polaris r anger crew back seat is hot

polaris ranger 800 seat melted

polaris ranger crew 800 melting back seat

polaris ranger crew back seat

polaris ranger crew rear seat problems

polaris ranger crew seats

polaris ranger melting seat

polaris ranger seat melting

Click on a term to search for related topics.