Polaris Ranger Forum banner

turn signal kit

8K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  Axil 
#1 ·
Hey guys I am new to the forum so I apologize if there is more threads asking this. I am making my 2012 500 crew street legal in MI. I am looking for advice on which turn signal kits you guys recommend. Thanks

#2 ·
#4 · (Edited)
Installation super easy on mine! Due to a stroke can't do hand signals so I mounted the signal arm clamped on right side of steering column, will be easy to swing back if I regain use of left arm. Just drill or cut a half inch (I think I remember the size) hole in the plastic whereever you want and the lights just snap in.

The instructions are good, check his website. I ordered extra LED lights and the wire with connectors as I did not have any on hand.

Very satisified, a number of my neighbors have ordered some after seeing mine, Rangers are popular here and usually run street legal and with doors on the lights are handy. The lights are brighter and easier to see than shown on the website.

#6 ·
I believe there were zip ties included with the other connector hardware in my kit.

On mine there was a positive side wire to connect to the battery and a negative to connect to a ground and then everything else in the kit connected together. I believe that may be different for different models.

You can also add additional LED's later if you wish. Right now I am running two LED's on each location. The turn signal switch also includes a hazzard warning feature that blinks all LED's.

#10 ·
Wiring

Tom, would you mind telling me how you ran the large grey wire to the signals and then onto the switch? Did you start at one corner and run it by each turn signal in the front and then to the switch? Then use the remaining grey wire to do same for the rear - to each signal leading back up to the switch?

#11 ·
It' been so long ago

Tom, would you mind telling me how you ran the large grey wire to the signals and then onto the switch? Did you start at one corner and run it by each turn signal in the front and then to the switch? Then use the remaining grey wire to do same for the rear - to each signal leading back up to the switch?
It' been so long ago that I don't really remember. I believe I followed the instructions, probably started from the switch and ran the wires out from there.:)

#15 ·
the EZ turn signal kit is anything but EZ. the customer service does not resemble customer service. if you have the electrical savvy to design your own custom kit I suppose EZ comes with your necessary parts but make no mistake...EZ stands for something other than "easy" like "extremely crap" ....if crap began with the letter "Z"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.