Polaris Ranger Forum banner

Brake line for my Rnger 6x6

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  freightdogfreddy 
#1 ·
Hello all...

My brake line from the Master Cylinder to the brake manifold block rotted out. It's routed under the battery (partially) and some of that battery acid buildup (you know, the fuzzy stuff that builds up on the terminals) apparently had dropped onto it, and caused it to rust thru. I lost my brakes in a very bad situation, fortunately I was able to just barely roll into a safe place. (I was on a steep hill.) You may want to look at your routing, it was a pretty unsafe situation. I recently did a brake job on my Ford truck so I had some brake line left over. I formed up the line, and put a double flare on each end, thinking I was good to go. Both ends leaked like a sieve. I did it twice- same result. I'm now assuming that the flare is not the standard automotive 45 degree flare, but possible an AN aircraft 37 degree flare, which I don't have the flare tool for- Anyone here ever tackle that job?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.