This is a discussion on Ranger model identification within the General Discussion forums, part of the Polaris Ranger Forum category; I am going to go and look at a used ranger this afternoon that is being advertised as a 1996 EFI. I do not think ...
|General Discussion Talk about anything here.|
||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Search this Thread||Display Modes|
|06-30-2010, 09:58 AM||#1|
Join Date: Jun 2010
Ranger model identification
I am going to go and look at a used ranger this afternoon that is being advertised as a 1996 EFI.
I do not think such a model exists (someone please correct me if aI am wrong).
Is there an easy way to determine the year of a ranger, engine size, and induction? Do Rangers have a vin or some other identification plate that can be used?
Thanks for any info you can provide.
|06-30-2010, 04:12 PM||#2|
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: U.P. of Michigan
Re: Ranger model identification
2006 maybe but not 1996. To the best of my knowledge, 2006 was the first year for a Ranger EFI.
Of course you know EFI stands for Electronic Fuel Injection
On the frame behind the drivers side front tire. It will be under the hood on the passenger side also.
Try this site for more information on VIN http://www.atvstyle.com/atv-vin-number
|07-02-2010, 01:38 AM||#3|
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Kearneysville, WV
Re: Ranger model identification
As Z71 said check the frame right behind the driver's front wheel. Mine appears to be laser engraved with dots and can be difficult to notice without it being clean. Mine as well has a tag under the hood on the hood liner. The year is the tenth character in the series. Here is the entire break down:
- 1st digit : represents the country in which it was made. 1 or 4 is for the U.S., 2 is for Canada, J is for Japan, K is for Korea etc.
- 2nd digit : represents the manufacturer. H is for Honda, K is for Kawasaki etc.
- 3rd digit : this position represents the vehicle type or manufacturing division which can vary by make of vehicle.
- 4th to 8th digits : these positions represent vehicle attributes such as body style and engine type (not to be confused with an engine code, every vehicle has one of those mounted on the engine).
Honda ATV owners visit the Honda ATV Model Codes list for model information.
- 9th digit : this is called a “check digit” and it exists for security reasons. This letter or number is derived mathematically depending on the previous 8 digits. It’s used to confirm that a VIN isn’t being fabricated.
- 10th digit : The vehicle year.
- 11th digit : Assembly plant
- 12th to 17th digits : These numbers increase by one for each unit that rolls off the assembly line, the last four are always digits.
Front/rear steel a-arm guards
Optima Yellow Top relocated under driver seat
Homecut Polycarbonate windshield
4 -7” lightforce lights 100w
2 PIAA back up lights
2500lb warn winch (dual mount with quick connectors)
indash 2 way momentary switch/external quick connect remote
Viair dual compressors with 2.5g tank.
|Search tags for this page|
2010 polaris ranger vin location,
how can i tell what year my polaris ranger is,
how to find year model on polaris ranger,
how to tell what year a polaris ranger is,
how to tell what year polaris ranger is,
polaris ranger model number,
polaris ranger vin,
polaris ranger vin location,
what year is my polaris ranger,
where is the vin number on a polaris ranger,
where is the vin on a polaris ranger,
where to find hidden vin on polaris side by side
Click on a term to search for related topics.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Need Stock Ranger Suspension for 2002 Model||tmiller||Wanted||4||01-06-2011 09:32 PM|
|Overheating problem with 2003 model Series 11||Burner||Modified Tech Discussion||0||01-23-2010 04:54 PM|