Polaris Ranger Forum - Header Left   Polaris Ranger Forum - Header Right

How to remove and clean carb on 2003 ranger 500

This is a discussion on How to remove and clean carb on 2003 ranger 500 within the General Discussion forums, part of the Polaris Ranger Forum category; Hi, I ran my Ranger out of gas, now after trying to start I get gas spewing from the overflow hoses. I assume I have ...

Go Back   RangerForums.net - Polaris Ranger Forum > Polaris Ranger Forum > General Discussion

General Discussion Talk about anything here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-16-2011, 02:22 PM   #1

How to remove and clean carb on 2003 ranger 500

Hi,

I ran my Ranger out of gas, now after trying to start I get gas spewing from the overflow hoses. I assume I have some junk in my carb and my float is stuck? Never had the carb off, and I can see how to unbolt it, just wondering how to remove the throttle and choke cables??

Any other advice on how to clean this carb and what to look for appreciated!

Thanks
midwest1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 02-24-2011, 12:33 PM   #2

I never did figure out to get the cables detached from the carb. I even found a diagram with some basic instructions for the mikuni but none that showed how to remove the cables from the carb. So days later I put the boots and bolts back on and it fired right up, no gas leaks, and runs fine. I can only assume that the float got un stuck by the movement of me trying to remove the carb. I will now wait for warmer weather and better instruction before trying it again to clean it.
midwest1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 02:45 PM   #3
Supporting Vendor

For the choke cable you just unscrew it from the carb. It will take either a 12 or a 14mm wrench.

For the throttle, you remove the throttle housing cover, hold the wire cable while rotating the throttle arm, then pull the cable out. After that, you unhook the cable from the carb. body.

Float needle, remove carb. bowl, remove float and needle, inspect the tip for any grooves or indentations, clean needle tip and maybe polish the brass seat with a Q-tip and valve lapping compound. Blow out the fuel intake and needle seat real good with carb. cleaner and air. Should be good to go!!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   RangerForums.net - Polaris Ranger Forum > Polaris Ranger Forum > General Discussion

Tags
500cc, carb, clean, ranger, remove

Search tags for this page

2003 polaris ranger 500 carburetor

2003 polaris ranger carburetor

2005 polaris ranger choke cable removal

carburetir on a polaris ranger

how to rebuild a polaris ranger carburetor diagram

mikuni 50l16c

mikuni carb polaris atv

polaris ranger 500 2003 carburetor gas is in oil

polaris ranger carburetor cleaning

polaris ranger carburetor removal

polaris ranger choke cable removal

removing choke cable from mikuni carb

Click on a term to search for related topics.