Polaris Ranger Forum - Header Left   Polaris Ranger Forum - Header Right

Mufflers/Silencers

This is a discussion on Mufflers/Silencers within the General Discussion forums, part of the Polaris Ranger Forum category; I've been looking for a muffler/silencer for my 2011 Ranger 500 Crew and have noticed a lack of these items on the market. I've read ...

Go Back   RangerForums.net - Polaris Ranger Forum > Polaris Ranger Forum > General Discussion

General Discussion Talk about anything here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-09-2012, 10:17 PM   #1

Mufflers/Silencers

I've been looking for a muffler/silencer for my 2011 Ranger 500 Crew and have noticed a lack of these items on the market. I've read reviews on the Kolpin Stealth 2.0 and the Benz Silent Rider and, overall, they have not been favorable.
I hunt and the guys I hunt with both have Bad Boy Buggies. They don't let me take my ranger around the land during hunting season because they feel it would scare off the deer. So, my goal is to make my Ranger as quiet as possible, regardless of how the performance is affected. Now, I know my Polaris will never be as quiet as the electric buggies, but I think it can be a heck of a lot quieter than it is now.
Does anyone have any experience with any of these aftermarket mufflers? I would prefer a slip-on so I wouldn't have to weld anything, but if a welded muffler is what it takes to make my Ranger 50% or more quieter, then I will go that route.
Please offer up some examples of brands/models that you have experienced first-hand or even through word of mouth.

Thanks,
DREADYukon is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 02-09-2012, 10:35 PM   #2

My experience with Kolpin ATV stuff in general has been mostly negative, so I would avoid it myself, based on that. But I haven't tried their muffler things.

I would like for mine to be quite also - and a slip-on would be nice. Have you tried a web search? I've seen a few discussed before. The price is what scared me away from them.
Russ Chastain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 12:15 AM   #3

I have tried a web search. I've come across items like the Big Gun Exhaust Slip-On, the HMF Swamp Exhaust Muffler and the DMC Quiet Slip-on Exhaust, but none of them say specifically that they are for the 2011 Ranger 500. Most say Ranger 700XP or 800XP or RZR. Ebay has these items listed. I've also seen the FlowMaster HushPower mentioned, but again, nothing specifically states that it's for a 2011 Ranger 500. There is a good YouTube video about this and if I could find one for my Ranger, then I would definitely try it out. But the video is using a RZR for the example. On YouTube, search for "Polaris Ranger Razor gets a Flowmaster Hushpower ATV Silencer installed". I would post the link, but this site won't let me until I have made at least 5 posts.
Old 02-11-2012, 09:28 AM   #4

I would like a quieter ride as well. Keep us posted on what u do.
garmin220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 10:15 AM   #5

If I were serious about it I would start contacting those companies and asking them if their products would fit my ride.
Old 02-20-2012, 04:29 PM   #6

Any new info on finding quieter muffler? I have a 400 that I would love to quieter
heltonkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 08:15 PM   #7

Muffler

I have ordered a muffler from atvsilencer.com (model BT-45) that will require a weld to mount. I'll let you know how it goes. May be awhile before I get it put on.
Old 02-23-2012, 08:58 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DREADYukon View Post
I have ordered a muffler from atvsilencer.com (model BT-45) that will require a weld to mount. I'll let you know how it goes. May be awhile before I get it put on.
I would appreciate that. Is it for a Midsize?
heltonkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 03:39 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DREADYukon View Post
Thanks, will be happy to hear how it works. That's the model I would need, according to the chart on their website.

Polaris ATV Quiet Mufflers

I like that it could be installed or removed easily without tools, but that makes me question the seal where it attaches to the muffler adapter. I also have an under-bed rear-facing light and I hope they won't interfere with each other.

assembly
Old 03-02-2012, 03:42 PM   #10

Received

I received the silencer today. I have to find someone to weld the mount on. Also, the Ranger is at our farm, 1 1/2 hours away. I most likely will not get the silencer installed until after turkey season ends, April 30.

I will let you guys know the results whenever I actually have a chance to install it.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   RangerForums.net - Polaris Ranger Forum > Polaris Ranger Forum > General Discussion

Search tags for this page
how to quiet a polaris ranger
how to quiet polaris ranger
how to silence exhaust noise on polaris ranger
hushpower atv silencer
polaris muffler silencer
polaris quiet muffler

polaris ranger muffler silencer

polaris ranger quiet muffler
quiet muffler for polaris ranger
silencing polaris ranger
silent muffler for polaris ranger
utv quiet muffler
Click on a term to search for related topics.