Polaris Ranger Forum - Header Left   Polaris Ranger Forum - Header Right

Polaris Warranty

This is a discussion on Polaris Warranty within the General Discussion forums, part of the Polaris Ranger Forum category; I am thinking about buying a 6 x 6 but cannot find anything out about Polaris warranty. The main Polaris website has no mention of ...

Go Back   RangerForums.net - Polaris Ranger Forum > Polaris Ranger Forum > General Discussion

General Discussion Talk about anything here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-12-2012, 11:01 AM   #1

Question Polaris Warranty

I am thinking about buying a 6 x 6 but cannot find anything out about Polaris warranty. The main Polaris website has no mention of standard warranty. What can any one tell me about that..thanks
rexroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 03-12-2012, 12:49 PM   #2

The standard factory warranty is 1 year. You can get up to a 5 year extended warranty I believe. My 2011 Yamaha Rhino only had a 6 month factory warranty, at least Polaris is a little better about their warranty.
wildbill23c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 04:31 PM   #3

A year? My dealer told me it was 6 months on the factory warranty. Hmmmm.....

Found it. This is per the Polaris website.

Warranty

• How Long Is My Factory Warranty? A one-year limited warranty exists against defects in material or workmanship as determined by Polaris Sales in its sole discretion for the following products:

Snowmobiles
    Personal Watercraft
    Sport Boats
    Victory Motorcycles
    Polaris Professional Series
    Polaris Accessories
    Polaris Apparel

The Polaris Octane Personal Watercraft does not carry a manufacturer’s warranty.

Products used commercially or for rental purposes may carry varied warranty periods. Contact your local Polaris dealer for more information.

A six-month limited warranty exists against defects in material or workmanship as determined by Polaris Sales in its sole discretion for the following products:

ATV
    RANGER
    Polaris Professional Series rental equipment

Products used for racing do not carry a manufacturer’s warranty.

This warranty covers the parts and labor charges incurred for repair or replacement of defective components during the warranty period only. This warranty begins on the date of purchase and is transferable free of charge via a Polaris dealer.
Nine5Three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 02:12 AM   #4

6 Month Warranty on Ranger

The Ranger's warranty is only 6 months. I just paid for the 5-year Polaris extended warranty. I hope I don't ever need it, but one EFI failure could cost as much as the warranty, and I'd rather avoid surprises!
Polaris plexi windshield, soft cab, heater, 3500# winch, 60" Glacier steel plow and 66" Sno-Glide plow
redmoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 02:30 PM   #5

Thank you everybody for your responses. I am wondering though why if the product is as good as the company and many of its customers attest, the warranty is only 6 months long. If I buy a Ranger today and cannot ride it much until May, most of my warranty period will be gone before I give much of a field test!!
rexroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 03:17 PM   #6

The Warranty on the Yamaha Rhino is only 6 months too. Reason being is you pay so much for the machine, the company wants all the money they can get from you in replacement parts. They don't make any money on warranty work.
wildbill23c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 08:21 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexroller View Post
Thank you everybody for your responses. I am wondering though why if the product is as good as the company and many of its customers attest, the warranty is only 6 months long. If I buy a Ranger today and cannot ride it much until May, most of my warranty period will be gone before I give much of a field test!!
I agree. These days most companies refuse to stand behind their products, and they expect to make even more money by selling you an insurance policy (extended warranty) instead.

We shouldn't have to bribe a company to guarantee its products.
Russ Chastain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 01:35 AM   #8

They could just include a 5 year warranty and charge $1,200 more for the Ranger, but every manufacturer wants to have the lowest price or at least be very competitive, so they lower the price and try to sell you the extended warranty later. I do wish they'd make a 1-year warranty standard, though, so you could at least get through every season once before it expires!
Polaris plexi windshield, soft cab, heater, 3500# winch, 60" Glacier steel plow and 66" Sno-Glide plow
redmoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:20 AM   #9

Companies don't need to charge more to guarantee their work if they do a good job building the product. The industry needs to change.

The auto industry came out with 10 year/100,000 mile warranties and were competing with each other to offer the best and longest guarantee. That is what we need to see.
Russ Chastain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 12:58 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmoose View Post
The Ranger's warranty is only 6 months. I just paid for the 5-year Polaris extended warranty. I hope I don't ever need it, but one EFI failure could cost as much as the warranty, and I'd rather avoid surprises!
This is the basic thinking the warranty companies bank on. The reality is that more money gets paid out to buy the warranties than gets paid out for parts and service over the warranty period. Otherwise, those companies would lose money and go out of business. So, the real question is whether the $1200 warranty price is a good investment and for most of the customers, it is not. It's whether you can afford to 'take your chances and fix your own problems, or whether you prefer that 'security'. The odds are in my favor that I will save money by not buying the warranty.

And to continue my rant, if every customer had that thinking, either the price of the warranty would come down or the manufacturer's included warranty would increase as one way the companies could continue to compete with one another.
bigdiggerman is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   RangerForums.net - Polaris Ranger Forum > Polaris Ranger Forum > General Discussion

Search tags for this page
how long is polaris warranty
polaris diesel warranty

polaris factory warranty

polaris manufacturer warranty
polaris ranger extended warranty

polaris ranger factory warranty

polaris ranger warranty

polaris rzr factory warranty

polaris rzr warranty

polaris rzr warranty period

polaris warranty

polaris warranty information
Click on a term to search for related topics.