Polaris Ranger Forum - Header Left   Polaris Ranger Forum - Header Right

Oil's and gear oil

This is a discussion on Oil's and gear oil within the General Discussion forums, part of the Polaris Ranger Forum category; I have a 2011 Polaris ranger crew 800... It is do for service and I would like to change other trany and the front and ...

Go Back   RangerForums.net - Polaris Ranger Forum > Polaris Ranger Forum > General Discussion

General Discussion Talk about anything here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-30-2012, 07:00 PM   #1

Post Oil's and gear oil

I have a 2011 Polaris ranger crew 800... It is do for service and I would like to change other trany and the front and rear deff. Over to Amsoil.... Have any one done this and how is it working for the?? Also what Amsoil did you put in your gear case.... I know to but 0-40 in the motor and Amsoil tranny fluid in the tranny but can not find any where what to put in the front and rear deff.... Thanks for the help
Cgsled is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 05-31-2012, 03:06 AM   #2

In my opinion this is a scientific question... I know its fashionable in virtually every forum regarding vehicles in general to alter make better or Uncle Jethro sayz if you use this particular brand you extend longevity so on and so on.

I guarantee you Polaris engineers and scientist have spent more hours than you or I can imagine developing the perfect oil for this product to run on. And I might add, in virtually every weather condition known on earth. Then they tear the whole power-train down and go over every part utilizing a microscope. If you still insist on running an alternative, then go ahead, its your machine, but in the event something fails, and you need Polaris to repair or replace, standby for the bad news. It takes nothing to send an oil analysis to a lab and get it identified. Same with stressed parts, so as to prove the alternate product caused the failure

I use my Polaris for fun, I have never used any other brand and do not plan on using any other lubrication product other than factory specified. I always figure I must pay to play, there is no easy solution to getting off cheaply with any of our hobby toys, rifles handguns, Jeeps they are all expensive and will always need... it takes $$$

As I advise, do what you will, but taking advice on a forum from unknown people with only Internet screen names putting your brand new machine at their mercy?

Only sayin' its not meant to be disrespectful of folks in here...

If you still wish to pursue Amsoil? Then you do the investigation and research and find out exactly how many man hours and by what means have Polaris 800's been tested, under what condition/s and so on? You want this in writing with the technical and scientific experts names and verifications. If some dude on the phone only wished to blab about it all, he's only selling you the product, not proving or providing anything except hot-air.

I come from a family that honestly believes anything running on fuel runs better or can be made to go longer by just adding Marvel Mystery oil...

And oh what a Mystery I have seen...

<<<<
Roscoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 07:37 AM   #3
Z71

If you want to know about AMSOIL, send me a PM. AMSOIL has been making (since 1972) synthetic oil just about as long as Polaris has been making off road vehicles so lets not get into a argument that oem oil is the best.

Polaris lubes are made by a generic blending company located in Minnesota who specializes in providing products for oems to sell.
Quote:
Lube-Tech is a leading supplier of lubricants, solvents and chemicals for numerous applications. Lube-Tech blends Polaris Performance Lubricants to exacting Polaris specifications and also provides the Polaris Racing program with products such as race fuel, shop cleaners and solvents.
Briggs & Stratton prefers AMSOIL

Last edited by Z71; 05-31-2012 at 07:48 AM.
Z71 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   RangerForums.net - Polaris Ranger Forum > Polaris Ranger Forum > General Discussion

Search tags for this page
amsoil for polaris ranger 800
gear oil for polaris ranger
gear oil polaris ranger
polaris ranger gear lube

polaris ranger gear oil

polaris razor 800s gear oil
polaris rzr transmission oil
rzr 800 gear oil type
rzr 800 transmission fluid change
substitue fluid ranger crew
what gear oils can be used for polaris ranger
what kind of tranny and motor oil can i use for 800 s rzr
Click on a term to search for related topics.