Polaris Ranger Forum - Header Left   Polaris Ranger Forum - Header Right

no spark problem please help

This is a discussion on no spark problem please help within the General Discussion forums, part of the Polaris Ranger Forum category; So first let me start by saying hello everyone Im new as of now. Im currently in afghanistan with the military and we had a ...

Go Back   RangerForums.net - Polaris Ranger Forum > Polaris Ranger Forum > General Discussion

General Discussion Talk about anything here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-29-2012, 12:01 PM   #1

no spark problem please help

So first let me start by saying hello everyone Im new as of now. Im currently in afghanistan with the military and we had a couple of polaris rangers pawned off on us. one was completely torn apart and the other just wouldnt fire.

We started messing with the one that wouldnt fire. We were told that it had a bad ECM on it. first thing we did was replace it and still same problem no spark at all. so we changed the coil thinking that was the problem. we tested the connector into the coil to make sure we had power which we did. we also checked to make sure we had power out of the coil. we have between 10 and 12 volts coming out of the coil. so we plugged the plug wire to it and 12 volts coming out of the plug wire to where the plug should be. but if we stick a plug on it even a brand new plug we have no spark coming out of the plug. any ideas? thanks in advance
Rooster210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 10-29-2012, 12:02 PM   #2

stator is also new forgot to add that
Old 10-29-2012, 05:06 PM   #3

Have you replaced the plug wire? Might be a good idea. Sometimes the strong electrical pulse won't get through if the wire's conductor is cracked or otherwise messed up.
Russ Chastain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 06:18 PM   #4

Thanks for your service!!

If you got juice hitting the end of plug it has to be wire from what I know. Can't think of anything else. I'll ask around.
Jay4x426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 11:23 AM   #5

well I also forgot that its the 500 EFI model which I guess matters because theres no CDI box on it. we played around with the coil plug wire and plug today. wired it to a battery and actually got the plug to spark. so I don't think its a problem with the plug and wire. We're leaning towards its a bad ground somewhere. We did alot of poking and prodding with a multimeter today. did the Ohm test on the coil just to make sure everything was good as well as the ohm test to the end of the plug wire it also turned out within spec. What we noticed though is when you check the wires to the plug on the coil we have voltage coming in from the red wire at 11 something volts. the white and black wire from what we can tell does absolutely nothing. There's no voltage running through it ignition on or off as well as there's no continuity which means its not becoming a ground at any point. we got a wiring harness for it ordered so hopefully it comes in while Im here to put it on. Not sure though will update when I figure something out. If anyone has any ideas other then that let me know please thanks

Lower Navigation
Go Back   RangerForums.net - Polaris Ranger Forum > Polaris Ranger Forum > General Discussion

Search tags for this page
2010 polaris no spark
2010 polaris ranger no spark
2012 polaris 500 no spark no injector pulse
2012 polaris ranger 500 no spark
polaris no spark

polaris ranger no spark

polaris ranger spark plugs won t fire

polaris rzr no spark

rzr no spark

spark plug on a ranger got weak spark
what will bad plug wires on polaris rzr cause it to do
what will cause a polaris ranger not to fire
Click on a term to search for related topics.