Polaris Ranger Forum - Header Left   Polaris Ranger Forum - Header Right

2011 Ranger 800 efi problem

This is a discussion on 2011 Ranger 800 efi problem within the New Members forums, part of the RangerForums.net category; I purchased an 800 Ranger efi in November. It has been back at the shop three times for electrical harness problems and is currnetly in ...

Go Back   RangerForums.net - Polaris Ranger Forum > RangerForums.net > New Members

New Members Tell us a little about you

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-23-2011, 05:30 PM   #1

2011 Ranger 800 efi problem

I purchased an 800 Ranger efi in November. It has been back at the shop three times for electrical harness problems and is currnetly in again for nine days so farand counting. Each time it is a different harness problem. The dealer has patched or repaired the the broken wire/wires each time. Anyone else having wiring harness problems?
Tuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 02-25-2011, 02:43 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuffy View Post
I purchased an 800 Ranger efi in November. It has been back at the shop three times for electrical harness problems and is currnetly in again for nine days so farand counting. Each time it is a different harness problem. The dealer has patched or repaired the the broken wire/wires each time. Anyone else having wiring harness problems?

There is a recall on the wiring harness. Have them check that out.
cmharcou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 02:38 PM   #3
Supporting Vendor

Hello and welcome to the forum!
Old 05-09-2011, 05:56 PM   #4

We have a 2011 Ranger Crew, the wiring harness was replaced. I used it for 20 min and then the it stopped running. I took it back to the shop and they replaced a fuel pump relay. Hmmm what will go bad next?
tfne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 09:03 PM   #5

The more I hear about the 2011s, the happier I am that mine is a 2006!
Russ Chastain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 01:15 PM   #6

Knock on wood........ I have not had any problems yet ! I have had it in water up to the box several times , pressure washed it many times........no issues yet. I also have not recieved any recal notices. Do you know where I can find recal notices for my perticular unit ?
-Half Windshield
-4500lb Winch
2009 Grizzly 700, 2006 Bomby 400 XT
Pilsburry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 06:24 PM   #7

Try this: Let me google that for you
Old 07-06-2011, 03:13 PM   #8

2011 XP EPS - Junk wiring

Traded in a 2009 Ranger 700 on a 2011 Ranger 800 EPS. What a MISTAKE.

Did OK for 3 months then the seat pins both broke and when you hit the brakes, me rear end and the seat slid forward and I plowed into the steering wheel, Wife plowed into the dashboard. Polaris replaced the seat under warranty.

At 4 days after warranty expiration, seat pins broke again and I come to find out they make a metal pin repair kit for the seats to fix the el-cheapo design seat. So, forked out $ 38 with shipping and fixed the poor designed seat myself.

11 days AW (after warranty), the engine started to miss right after running in mud or water a check engine code showed up. Called the Polaris dealer, gave code and was told the wiring harness is in suspect. Took it in (148 miles round trip) and they found frayed wiring form, quoting the Dealer, an assembly problem at the Factory where they don't secure the wires and they rub. $ 325.50 repair to fix quality issues.

28 days AW, engine developed a severe miss at RPM between idle and 3000 RPM and check engine light. Called in code and was told, short in wiring harness, bring in. Found a frayed wire in the harness shorting to ground, $ 385.25 and another 148 miles to fix quality issues.

44 days AW, engine quit like the key had been turned off then started normally. Picked up a surge in the engine during acceleration and check engine light. Called it in, told a short to ground in a sensor. This time, it took him all day to find the short, it was in the SAME wiring harness as before. $ 442 and another 148 miles to fix this junk machine.

I love the machine, power, ride handling but the quality of the electrical system is poor. The seats are built as cheap as possible.

It is a shame that the overall best UTV on the market has quality issues that have cost me money.
Deergrower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 09:04 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deergrower View Post
I come to find out they make a metal pin repair kit for the seats to fix the el-cheapo design seat. So, forked out $ 38 with shipping and fixed the poor designed seat myself.
They used to use nothing but metal pins for the seats. My 2006 and my buddy's 2001 both have metal pins from the factory.

The wiring issues should have been fixed under recall, paid for by the company. It is a known issue with new Rangers.

Sounds like they got really cheap in some stupid areas. Very sad to see what is happening to this company.

They used to make strong, tough, quality machines. Nowadays it seems like they mainly just look pretty, and sometimes work.
Old 07-16-2011, 07:28 AM   #10

Same thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuffy View Post
I've got the same thing going on. First time they said intermittent crankshaft position fault, next time throttle position (would idle so high I couldn't get it out of gear without shutting engine off), now it's back with check engine code 636 which Polaris says doesn't even exist, (I have a picture of that code). All three times these problems are intermittent. Now it's out of warranty. I believe a mear 6 month warranty tells me how confident a company is with their product! Polaris needs to come to the plate and let dealers know there are serious issues going on with the new 800efi. Already got a $100 in gas returning this machine to dealer.
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   RangerForums.net - Polaris Ranger Forum > RangerForums.net > New Members

Search tags for this page
2011 polaris ranger 800 problems

2011 polaris ranger 800 xp problems

2011 polaris ranger 800 xp recalls

2011 polaris ranger problems

2011 polaris ranger recall

2011 polaris ranger recalls

fuel pump for 2011 polaris ranger 800
polaris 800 efi problems
polaris ranger 800 efi run has a miss
polaris ranger 800 fuel pump problem
polaris ranger recall 2011 xp
polaris wiring problems
Click on a term to search for related topics.