Polaris Ranger Forum - Header Left   Polaris Ranger Forum - Header Right

Ranger gas mileage

This is a discussion on Ranger gas mileage within the Off Topic forums, part of the Off Topic Section category; I've just ordered a Ranger XP 800 LE. I was just browsing some forums and was shocked to find that these things get only about ...

Go Back   RangerForums.net - Polaris Ranger Forum > Off Topic Section > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost anything goes, but please keep it friendly!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-23-2012, 06:59 AM   #1
pop

Ranger gas mileage

I've just ordered a Ranger XP 800 LE. I was just browsing some forums and was shocked to find that these things get only about 8 - 9 mpg (Imperial) - same as my old 4 barrel 360 CID Ford motorhome!!! Is this accurate? Are there any other Ranger models available that would be more credit card friendly? What about the Ranger 500 XP? Most of my riding would tend to be on forest access roads and old logging roads.
pop is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 04-28-2012, 09:01 PM   #2

The only thing that would get better mileage would be the Diesel model, bit more up front cost, but then its $4+ for a gallon of diesel, so you wouldn't be saving anything really I wouldn't think the diesel would get that much better mileage to warrant the extra cost but I've never actually heard any true number for an ATV/UTV period. People just don't bother to keep track. If you have the money to afford one fuel economy probably isn't a thought to most people LOL.
wildbill23c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 02:18 PM   #3

When I was a kid and road dirt bikes, I'd keep track of how long I could ride as opposed to how many MPG's I got.

I guess with an odometer on your Ranger you can track your mpg's pretty easily
varob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 10:41 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildbill23c View Post
. If you have the money to afford one fuel economy probably isn't a thought to most people lol.

this...
OtisblkR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:12 PM   #5

Hmmmm........ Never figured the miles per gallon. I just ride my Ranger at parks with the Granddaughters. Never rode a tank out in a weekend. I would think they would do better riding in high gear down the road.
PigsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:15 PM   #6

ive taken my machine to the ORV parks many times and crawling around the trails in low gear.. mines barely used a gallon of gas.. in a days time just trail cruising.. ive NEVER ran a tank empty in a weekend..
OtisblkR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:23 PM   #7

I have an 2012 800 xp and was expecting it to guzzle gas and i can say that it the opposite. during my break in i put around 300 miles on mine and burned 2 tanks. So somewhere around 15 miles to the gallon. having a large 10 gallon gas tank is nice.

I find i fill up around once maybe twice a month and i drive mine nearly everyday around my property.
Gerardjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:46 PM   #8

If you are looking for something with excellent fuel economy I don't really think any ATV or UTV gets anything more than 20mpg at the most from what I can figure out. Doesn't make sense to me really as they're so small, light weight, they should get amazing fuel economy, but then again if they were built like that everyone would be buying them rather than cars.
Old 11-13-2012, 08:42 PM   #9

I have not checked actual mileage but alot will depend how you ride it! I rode 67 miles on last fill-up and its at 1/2 tank being 9.5 gal approx that would be about 14 miles per gallon if my math is correct! I'm not going to complain about that!
66gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:21 PM   #10

^^ I completely agree, I'd think they would get better, but at the same time when I had an ATV that was my last worry was the fuel economy. The vehicle was used pretty heavy offroad for hunting and hauling firewood so I was never worried about trying to figure the mileage as it was always loaded and working hard.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   RangerForums.net - Polaris Ranger Forum > Off Topic Section > Off Topic

Tags
gas mileage ranger

Search tags for this page
2012 polaris ranger 800 xp gas milage
gas mileage polaris ranger 800 crew
polaris ranger 800 mpg
polaris ranger diesel mpg
polaris ranger fuel economy
polaris ranger fuel mileage

polaris ranger gas mileage

polaris ranger mileage

polaris ranger mpg

ranger atv gas mileage
utv fuel economy
what is gas mileage of utv
Click on a term to search for related topics.