Polaris Ranger Forum - Header Left   Polaris Ranger Forum - Header Right

2014 Ranger 570 initial review

This is a discussion on 2014 Ranger 570 initial review within the Polaris Ranger 570 forums, part of the Polaris Ranger Forum category; I have owned my Ranger 570 for about a month now. I purchased it from Ritchie Tractor in Maryville, TN. The sales experience was pleasant ...

Go Back   RangerForums.net - Polaris Ranger Forum > Polaris Ranger Forum > Polaris Ranger 570

Polaris Ranger 570 Discussions for the 2014+ Polaris Ranger 570

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-06-2013, 09:59 AM   #1

2014 Ranger 570 initial review

I have owned my Ranger 570 for about a month now. I purchased it from Ritchie Tractor in Maryville, TN. The sales experience was pleasant and my sales guy was very accommodating. I have put 130-some miles on it riding dirt, mud, and some rocks at Royal Blue, TN.

The Good:
The 570 engine has excellent power. It doesn't need to be wound up at all to deliver torque. It is also not very noisy.

The 4WD comes on and off very smoothly. The only way you can even tell the front wheels are being driven is if you turn too sharply, causing the front CVs to groan.

Turf mode is a great feature. It's much more pleasant on gravel or hard-packed dirt than a locked rear diff. Turf mode is surprisingly capable in mud or hill climbing, too. I've forgotten to turn it off a couple of times and still not gotten stuck.

It rides smoother off-road than most cars do on pavement. It's really quite extraordinary. Despite having a short and narrow wheelbase, it's amazingly stable. It has yet to feel tippy to me at all.

It seems to get excellent fuel efficiency. It usually goes about 20 miles per tick mark on the fuel gauge, so that should be 150-160 miles on a full tank, easily.

It's small enough that you have PLENTY of options for picking a line over rough terrain.

The seat, though it doesn't look like much, is very comfortable and plenty roomy enough for two adults (maybe three skinny ones).

The headlights are BRIGHT!

The dump box is just about the best thing ever. I can take almost anything I might imagine on a ride and still have room for more. The glove box, cupholders, and cubby holes in the cab are also very nice.

The Bad:
My only major complaint is the seat belt positioning. It rubs against my neck no matter what I do. I wish it were adjustable for height.

The engine backfires from time to time when letting off the gas. This doesn't really bother me.

Sometimes I smell gasoline. I can find no leaks in the tank, nor the lid. I believe the smell may be coming from the exhaust, which would explain the backfiring. The engine may be tuned too rich.

It is significantly more difficult to clean than my buggy was, particularly all the nooks and crannies on the underside of the dump box.

The Ugly:
Ritchie Tractor made a few mistakes when assembling it. The spark plug was only in finger tight. One of the rear grease points hadn't been greased very well. I was able to put two full pumps into it. They had knocked some paint off the roll cage when putting it together.

Always check over your ride before you take it out the first time!
MinamiKotaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 10-11-2013, 07:02 AM   #2

If anything, its running lean, not rich. Thats what they are doing nowadays to meet federal emission requirements.

Sounds like a pretty sweet machine!
VtecGSR95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 09:55 AM   #3

Some machines are prone to backfiring until break-in is complete. My 12' 850 XP Sportsman did that.

Block-off kits can be made to keep mud out of certain areas.

2012 RZR S.
Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 06:47 PM   #4

Great review. Thanks for sharing. Someday I plan on purchasing the 900xp for the increased power for hauling and towing. Glad you included a 4WD operation review, I've always wondered how well the system performs and if you could tell if it is really engaged or disengaged.

Sounds like a great machine.
wildbill23c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 02:15 AM   #5

could the gas smell be from the tanks breather vent? my Magnum will do this with a full tank after hitting a bump or two.
Old 10-15-2013, 09:04 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott6by View Post
could the gas smell be from the tanks breather vent? my Magnum will do this with a full tank after hitting a bump or two.
*facepalm* I don't know why I didn't think of that before. That probably is it.

A couple of other things:

I've gone on two more trips and put 70 more miles and change on her. The backfiring issue has almost gone away. Changing from the factory plug to an NGK CR9EIX (recommended by the RZR 570 folks) helped a lot. I would assume the engine is also completely broken in by now.

I wish the owner's manual had a diagram of where the grease fittings are.

Last edited by MinamiKotaro; 10-16-2013 at 09:23 AM.
MinamiKotaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 05:24 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott6by View Post
I too will smell gas when I top off my tank.

Also, the seat belts on my 500 crew cut into my neck too. I wonder if there is an aftermarket product to fix this?
varob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 11:38 AM   #8

I'm a new guy here and I also recently bought a new Ranger 570. I've had a 4 wheeler for years but my only UTV prior to this was an electric. I've only made one short trip with it so far but I agree with all your positive statements above with one possible exception; noise. One of the reasons I chose this model was because of reviews stating that it was less noisy than other machines. I mainly have it for hunting and since I was used to the electric buggy it seems pretty loud to me. I plan to buy an exhaust silencer and have some other ideas to try to kill some of the noise. I'd be interested to hear any suggestions to quieten this thing down a little. If I come up with something that works I'll post my results on this forum. By the way, any gas smell shouldn't be coming from the tank breather vent, the EPA forbids that kind of stuff these days.

Last edited by jfnar; 11-07-2013 at 11:40 AM.
jfnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 11:28 AM   #9

Anyone own a '12 or '13 500 EFI before purchasing the '14 570? Just curious if there were enough improvements from my '13 500 to justify upgrading to the 570.
Eric7553 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 01:06 PM   #10

I was thinking the noise meant inside the cab because they moved the engine back some.
Glngib is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   RangerForums.net - Polaris Ranger Forum > Polaris Ranger Forum > Polaris Ranger 570

Search tags for this page
2014 polaris ranger 570 review

2014 polaris ranger 570 reviews

polaris 570 ranger review
polaris 570 ranger reviews
polaris ranger 570 crew reviews
polaris ranger 570 efi reviews

polaris ranger 570 review

polaris ranger 570 reviews

polaris ranger 570 top speed
polaris ranger crew 570 review
polaris ranger crew 570 reviews

ranger 570 review

Click on a term to search for related topics.