Polaris Ranger Forum - Header Left   Polaris Ranger Forum - Header Right

First gas added

This is a discussion on First gas added within the Polaris Ranger 570 forums, part of the Polaris Ranger Forum category; Originally Posted by tinman Good advice. My premium fuel around here still has 10% ethanol as does the mid grade. I know there are a ...

Go Back   RangerForums.net - Polaris Ranger Forum > Polaris Ranger Forum > Polaris Ranger 570

Polaris Ranger 570 Discussions for the 2014+ Polaris Ranger 570

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-27-2014, 12:32 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman View Post
Good advice. My premium fuel around here still has 10% ethanol as does the mid grade. I know there are a few stations still selling non-ethanol but not worth the drive. The additive should help. Once I get it broken in I might try a tank of premium.
I have 3 stations in town that have non-ethanol fuel. I run it in my vehicles all the time. It took about 3 months after switching for my truck to get its fuel economy back. I had lost about 4mpg on each tank using ethanol gas, not to mention it had a terrible hesitation problem.

There are additives out there now that are supposed to counteract the ethanol. I just say to stop putting that ethanol crap in the gas to begin with, its nothing but bad news. I've had to rebuild several carburetors the past few years that were just caked with the ethanol residue.
wildbill23c is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 01-27-2014, 12:42 PM   #12

The EPA is out of control. A few years they also mandated those idiotic spring loaded fuel nozzles on gas cans that make it a PIA just to fill your lawnmower, ATV, etc. It really does nothing for safety unless you just want to pour gas all over your mower and you can take the nozzle off for that, LOL. These folks have never lived in the real world near as I can tell. Fortunately I still have several of the old 5 gal cans.
tinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 05:23 PM   #13

I am using the VP Racing can. Works pretty good. Some states or
off road areas might not allow them though.
2014 Polaris Ranger 570, full windshield, roof, homemade rear vinyl window, 3500 lb Harbor Freight winch, with wireless remote, 3/4" bed mat, mud deflector in front of rear wheels, cheap battery dome light, Polaris Glacier 2 plow system with a 66" Snow Glide poly blade, 2 Tuff LED 27 watt each work lights on front and a 18 watt LED on the back roof, Odyssey battery
Glngib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 06:04 PM   #14

I know its not quite the same but my daughter ran her car out gas when she was 16 few years ago "though I could make it home" that cost me 2 injectors from junk in the tank getting sucked up, so I wouldnt run it dry
wirenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 08:43 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman View Post
The EPA is out of control. A few years they also mandated those idiotic spring loaded fuel nozzles on gas cans that make it a PIA just to fill your lawnmower, ATV, etc. It really does nothing for safety unless you just want to pour gas all over your mower and you can take the nozzle off for that, LOL. These folks have never lived in the real world near as I can tell. Fortunately I still have several of the old 5 gal cans.
I completely agree, not to mention those stupid plastic cans start leaking after a while. Gas is already $3+ a gallon last thing I want to do is spill it or have it leak all over the ground. I have 4 of the old metal Jeep Jerry Cans and use them all the time for filling up the lawn/garden equipment. I don't have an ATV or UTV anymore so don't have to worry about those at least.

The people who designed the new fuel cans have never used one in their whole life or they would know how useless they are. The one I have for my weed eater I punched a hole in the top in the back so it can vent instead of glugging as I'm trying to pour gas out of it. These new gas cans are garbage. They do absolutely nothing for the environment because by the time you get the thing to actually pour gas out of it, you have it all over the equipment, ground, yourself, etc. I've never had that problem with my old Jerry cans.
wildbill23c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 09:05 PM   #16

Go on YouTube and search" how to fix a new gas can," easy to do and works good
wirenut is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   RangerForums.net - Polaris Ranger Forum > Polaris Ranger Forum > Polaris Ranger 570

Search tags for this page
2014 ranger 570what is the top speed
gas mileage of 2014 polaris ranger 400
is the polaris 570 ranger worth the money they coast
polaris ranger 400 reviews

polaris ranger 570 fuel economy

polaris ranger 570 fuel mileage

polaris ranger 570 mpg

ranger 570 mpg
sportsman 570 efi fuel economy
what is mog on sportsman 570
what octane gas for polaris ranger 570efi
what siz e gas tank is the polaris 570 sportsman ha
Click on a term to search for related topics.