Polaris Ranger Forum - Header Left   Polaris Ranger Forum - Header Right

Ranger Diesel vs. Ranger HD, & BOSS System

This is a discussion on Ranger Diesel vs. Ranger HD, & BOSS System within the Polaris Ranger Diesel forums, part of the Polaris Ranger Forum category; Hi Everyone. I'm a brand new member. I have a 70-acre ranch in So. CA and am getting ready to buy either the Ranger Diesel ...

Go Back   RangerForums.net - Polaris Ranger Forum > Polaris Ranger Forum > Polaris Ranger Diesel

Polaris Ranger Diesel General Discussions for the Polaris Ranger Diesel

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-02-2011, 03:35 PM   #1

Ranger Diesel vs. Ranger HD, & BOSS System

Hi Everyone. I'm a brand new member. I have a 70-acre ranch in So. CA and am getting ready to buy either the Ranger Diesel or the Ranger HD. Not sure which is better, and if there is any real difference, other than Diesel vs. Gas. Some have said the HD has power steering and the Diesel does not. Others have told me I can run the BOSS System with the Grapple on the HD but not on the Diesel.

ANY help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated! I need a WORKHORSE! No desert riding for me - strictly hard work - pulling stumps, carrying / dragging brush, clearing land, etc. - Chainsaws, brushcutters, etc. type of work. I've also been told with the BOSS you can't put on a front brushguard.

Finally, I'm trying to decide which winch to get. I'm leaning towards the Multi-Mount 4,500 lb. for the extra capacity and I can put it in the front or back. Any opinions?

Thanks for your help! I can't find ANYONE who has the BOSS System, with or without the Grapple, who can tell me if it's worth the money!
leslyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 05-18-2011, 06:14 AM   #2

Hi Leslyons,
Have you managed to find out anything about the Grapple and Boss system. I have a rural property here in Australia and want to know if this Grapple is tough enough to clear light bush(lantana) and whether the transmission on the Ranger is up to the work.
Trackerkelpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 10:26 AM   #3

I spoke with a dealer who had used the system and he was very happy with the results. Said it worked well, as stated. Hope that helps. I haven't gotten mine yet, but I went ahead and got the Ranger Diesel instead of the HD 800 EPS.
leslyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 12:38 AM   #4

I'm currently looking into the Ranger lineup and have a 2011 Yamaha Rhino right now that I'm not satisfied with.

However, I can answer the winch question. Definitely you won't go wrong with a multi-mount winch, this is what I have on my rhino, and I've only used it for my plow but its nice to remove the winch when not in use to protect it from damage. The only downfall of the multi-mount winch I found is that when operating a plow the winch connection point on the plow ends up being at a 90 degree angle to the winch and causes a huge strain on the winch cable and will quickly break the winch cable. I fixed this by drilling a hole and mounting an I-Bolt in a location towards the front of the plow as far as I could which completely fixed the breakage issue with the winch cable.
wildbill23c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 03:48 AM   #5

I just bought a 2012 Ranger Diesel with the Boss Lift-N-Carry system. I have the 6'6" plow on it. With the plow up the front springs are pretty much bottomed out. I called Boss & they said to add about 200 pounds in the bed to act as counterwieght. Keith
ktpauley is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   RangerForums.net - Polaris Ranger Forum > Polaris Ranger Forum > Polaris Ranger Diesel

Search tags for this page
gas vs diesel polaris ranger
polaris diesel vs gas
polaris ranger 800 vs diesel
polaris ranger crew diesel vs gas
polaris ranger diesel or gas

polaris ranger diesel vs gas

polaris ranger diesel vs. gas
polaris ranger gas or diesel

polaris ranger gas vs diesel

ranger 800 vs ranger diesel
ranger diesel vs gas
ranger diesel vs ranger 800
Click on a term to search for related topics.