Polaris Ranger Forum - Header Left   Polaris Ranger Forum - Header Right

Problems with my 2014 Ranger

This is a discussion on Problems with my 2014 Ranger within the Polaris Ranger XP900 forums, part of the Polaris Ranger Forum category; I recently purchased a 2014 Polaris Ranger 900 EPS Titanium Matte Metallic LE. I've owned for about a month and a half and have just ...

Go Back   RangerForums.net - Polaris Ranger Forum > Polaris Ranger Forum > Polaris Ranger XP900

Polaris Ranger XP900 Discussions for the all new Poliars Ranger XP900

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-22-2013, 02:35 PM   #1

Angry Problems with my 2014 Ranger

I recently purchased a 2014 Polaris Ranger 900 EPS Titanium Matte Metallic LE. I've owned for about a month and a half and have just over 30 hours on my machine. At the first service I had to replace my belt. Does anyone know if this is normal? Will I have to do this every service? Is there some underlying issue with my machine?

Now I'll give you a breakdown of all the accessories I have with a comment on what I have noticed so far.
  • Pro-Fit LX Cab Complete - Nice cab. I like the features it offers. However, it is not worth the cost. I have had my machine to the dealer many times and they just can't seem to get it right. I've been noticing constant squeeking noises and no one at my dealer can help me out. Also, don't be fooled by the pro fit video on the web site...this cab system is not that easy to put on and off. And without consulting me, my dealer made the roof fixed. That means no taking the cab on and off in under a minute for me.
  • Dash Mounted Audio Kit - This is one of my favorite features. This is mounted very nicely and sounds great. The Bluetooth feature was also easy to figure out and very easy to sync with my smartphone.
  • Ranger XP 900 Wiper/Washer Kit by Polaris - Don't know what Polaris was doing with this one. Without ever using this all the fluid leaked out of the storage tank. The deal says this happens because the storage tank for the washer fluid is to close to the engine. Does anyone know the fix for this?
  • Polaris Pro HD Integrated 4500lb Winch - No complaints on this. Looks nice but haven't had to use it yet.
  • Front & Rear A-Arm Guards - No complaints on these accessories and they seem like they are very strong and give lots of protection.
  • Front Brush Guard - I like this brush guard. The extreme one was to bulky looking for me. This brush guard provides lots of protection and looks good to.
  • Rear Brush Guard - This brush guard is a different story. The first load I dumped and pulled away from I heard all this noise. It was the rear brush guard hitting my tires. How could Polaris not design for this? Has anyone else had this problem?
  • Nerf Bars - Another poorly designed accessory here. The driver side nerf bar fits perfectly with the lines of the machine. The passenger side nerf bar looks bent and sticks out. What am I missing here?
Those are all the accessories that I have purchased. Another problem I've had is the dump bed on my machine rattles and is very annoying...even with a full cab system.

Overall I am very disappointed with this machine. This is my third ranger and I believe it will be my last. In the time I've owned this machine it's been at the dealer more than it has been at my home. Also, since purchasing this machine about a month and a half about I've spent about 2k on it. I don't know what I was thinking buying this machine...can someone help me out?
BadNewsBears is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 10-22-2013, 08:41 PM   #2

Sorry to hear you're disappointed and frustrated.

I've done a few modifications to my Ranger to correct issues. I didn't expect it to have the fit and finish of my F250 as I use mine as a work horse around my property. http://www.rangerforums.net/forum/me...-albums14.html

I suspect your passenger nerd bar may not be aligned correctly. You may need to loosen the hardware to adjust or remove/reposition the nerd bar to it's proper alignment.

I would probably look at moving the windshield washer fluid tank and use a longer hose. I suspect the tank is evaporating(?). I don't have a 2014, but look at moving the tank and/or insulating it from the heat.

Otherwise, I like the sound of having a radio and I really like those front brush guards.

I'd probably trace down the source of the bed noise and use any number of options to mitigate the cause by using foam weather stripping, rubber insulators or such methods. It's too difficult to diagnose without being there.

One thing you could try for the bumper rubbing is to reposition the rear shocks to raise the bed. That may provide enough room to prevent the rubbing.

Don't be too discouraged. I'm sure you can figure out a resolution to most of your issues.
brmccolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 10:18 AM   #3

yeah the Wiper Kit messes up the Cabs easy on/off function XD at least the doors still come off easy.

havent' had any washer fluid issues on mine. still have half a tank from when I got it.

the bed rattle/noise is probably because of the latchs. mine rattles from this spot as well. some people just put a small notch in the frame where the latch touches. I'm just dealing with the noise myself. there's also a couple of topics floating around here about this fix squeak.
Old 12-02-2013, 04:19 PM   #4

2013 900 crew cab sqeek

Mine squeeks on the left and right side at the roof where the two bolts connect the metal plates of the cab together. had to loosen them and put in nylon washers spacers to fix the problem. You can shoot it with WD 40 to stop ( or find) the scqueek but to fix it permanent, insert the washers.
dcbdevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 07:58 PM   #5

So many problems

I feel for you bro. So much money and just so many problems to get resolved by the dealer. If this is your 3rd Polaris, you should know what to expect by now. Get your wrenches out and start wrenching on it.
pantherdev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 04:29 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsBears View Post
I recently purchased a 2014 Polaris Ranger 900 EPS Titanium Matte Metallic LE. I've owned for about a month and a half and have just over 30 hours on my machine. At the first service I had to replace my belt. Does anyone know if this is normal? Will I have to do this every service? Is there some underlying issue with my machine?

Now I'll give you a breakdown of all the accessories I have with a comment on what I have noticed so far.
  • Pro-Fit LX Cab Complete - Nice cab. I like the features it offers. However, it is not worth the cost. I have had my machine to the dealer many times and they just can't seem to get it right. I've been noticing constant squeeking noises and no one at my dealer can help me out. Also, don't be fooled by the pro fit video on the web site...this cab system is not that easy to put on and off. And without consulting me, my dealer made the roof fixed. That means no taking the cab on and off in under a minute for me.
  • Dash Mounted Audio Kit - This is one of my favorite features. This is mounted very nicely and sounds great. The Bluetooth feature was also easy to figure out and very easy to sync with my smartphone.
  • Ranger XP 900 Wiper/Washer Kit by Polaris - Don't know what Polaris was doing with this one. Without ever using this all the fluid leaked out of the storage tank. The deal says this happens because the storage tank for the washer fluid is to close to the engine. Does anyone know the fix for this?
  • Polaris Pro HD Integrated 4500lb Winch - No complaints on this. Looks nice but haven't had to use it yet.
  • Front & Rear A-Arm Guards - No complaints on these accessories and they seem like they are very strong and give lots of protection.
  • Front Brush Guard - I like this brush guard. The extreme one was to bulky looking for me. This brush guard provides lots of protection and looks good to.
  • Rear Brush Guard - This brush guard is a different story. The first load I dumped and pulled away from I heard all this noise. It was the rear brush guard hitting my tires. How could Polaris not design for this? Has anyone else had this problem?
  • Nerf Bars - Another poorly designed accessory here. The driver side nerf bar fits perfectly with the lines of the machine. The passenger side nerf bar looks bent and sticks out. What am I missing here?
Those are all the accessories that I have purchased. Another problem I've had is the dump bed on my machine rattles and is very annoying...even with a full cab system.

Overall I am very disappointed with this machine. This is my third ranger and I believe it will be my last. In the time I've owned this machine it's been at the dealer more than it has been at my home. Also, since purchasing this machine about a month and a half about I've spent about 2k on it. I don't know what I was thinking buying this machine...can someone help me out?

Please Note:
I am in no way trashing my dealer. I have the upmost respect for him and his crew. My views and complaints are directed to Polaris Industries.

I am on the 3rd Ranger as well. I have the 2002 Series 10 Ranger 4x4 500 the 2009 Ranger XP 700. I now have issues with my 2014 that I have less them one month. It has been to the dealer and it still isnít right. The R.O.P.S. system on the front right side just above the hood is cantered in. With this problem the opening and closing of the windshield doesnít work correctly. I have to get out of the Ranger and physically move the windshield to the driverís side to get it in the closed and locked position.

The doors. I have the doors with the electric windows. The first set didnít fit correctly and the driverís door window had parts fall of inside. The passenger side window didnít go up and down smoothly. The replacement of the doors is another farce. The passenger side door had to be shimmed up closed to a ĹĒ to get it aligned to close.

The headliner was missing the push pins to hold the headliner into place. I am still missing 6 push pins.

With the Ranger in the low range and the tach at 2500-2800 RPMs there is a whistling noise. Polaris Industries states that they know of this problem it is the belt flywheel cooling fins and since the motor is now located in the rear, the noise is more noticeable.

My biggest complaint with Polaris Industries is when they state on the website to be able to design your own. Everything I wanted on this new 2014 I got. I actually expected Polaris Industries to deliver the Ranger to the dealer this way. I did not expect my dealer to have to install everything that I wanted.

With the dealer installing each and every option that I wanted it turns out looking more like aftermarket parts. Not to mention the overpriced options.

I spent a little over $25grand and I expected better quality control on this. My 2009 when I purchased was plain. I had options added as an after though, and the fit was better.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm
pheasanthollowfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 10:37 AM   #7

I have had similar issues previously, and I feel your pain. Polaris "corporate" has royally pissed me off a few times over the year (sleds), but I guess I'm a glutton for punishment and I keep coming back as I do like their products.

Here's the problem: there is a TREMENDOUS amount of inconsistency with dealers. For example, the Rangers get shipped in metal crates with the ROPS cage disassembled and tied down in the bed/cab area for final assembly at the dealership. Polaris is not directly responsible for the cab installation - that is on the dealer. The cab installation isn't extremely difficult by any means, but for a hourly wage mechanic who doesn't give a flip, the cage can be installed poorly and cause a ton of issues with cab fitment. Same goes for other accessories.

I agree Polaris corporate needs to own that part of the process as well, and it seems crazy that they don't hold their dealers to a higher, more consistent standard. Hope you guys get it figured out.
Jorts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 11:01 AM   #8

I just ordered a 2014 crew. Hopefully it won't have these problems
fisherprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 12:02 AM   #9

Iv got a 14 matte , windshield don't fit . Right side ROPS leans in. Polaris wants to put on a new cage and see if it helps .
Miboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 02:38 AM   #10

Another issue I didnít notice with the helmet until C2E2 was the right clasp having a mind of its own. It didnít matter how tight the screw was tightened, the clasp would move loosely, so I had to use the resin and hardener mix after C2E2 to hold it in place. Those were the only major problems I experienced with the helmet and it makes me wonder how I got lucky with the Blue Ranger helmet I bought off of somebody else, who in fact got his helmet from MMPR Helmets USA as well.

I have a small website.If you want please visit this website a ber.
<a href="http://www.szledlight.com">30w led down light</a>
morrisnathan is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   RangerForums.net - Polaris Ranger Forum > Polaris Ranger Forum > Polaris Ranger XP900

Search tags for this page
2014 polaris ranger 570 problems
2014 polaris ranger 570 review
2014 polaris ranger 900 problems

2014 polaris ranger problems

polaris ranger 570 problems
polaris ranger 900 problems
polaris ranger 900 review
polaris ranger 900 xp problems
polaris ranger eps problems

polaris ranger problems

polaris ranger xp 900 problems
problems with polaris ranger
Click on a term to search for related topics.