Polaris Ranger Forum - Header Left   Polaris Ranger Forum - Header Right

dealer cost

This is a discussion on dealer cost within the Polaris RZR Forum Discussion forums, part of the Polaris Ranger Forum category; Anyone have any idea how much a dealers cost on a RZR is??...

Go Back   RangerForums.net - Polaris Ranger Forum > Polaris Ranger Forum > Polaris RZR Forum Discussion

Polaris RZR Forum Discussion Talk about the RZR

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-15-2008, 10:20 AM   #1

dealer cost

Anyone have any idea how much a dealers cost on a RZR is??
keowee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 02-15-2008, 11:45 AM   #2

Re: dealer cost

I would say on average they get 20% off of list price for their cost. $10,299 - 20% = $8239.20.

2005 GMC Duramax CC SLT
2008 Polaris RZR
2009 Polaris RZR

"Have you ever stopped to think, and forgot to start again?"
2005DMAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 12:22 PM   #3

From what I was told when they first came out there was only about a $500 dollar profit margin on them, It is my hope that when the prices went from 9999 to 10299 all that went to the dealer as well, I don't have a problem with the dealers making a living, my best resource is the ability to shop around..
Code Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 12:46 PM   #4

It was brought to my attention that maybe this was not a fair topic to be in the general boards I moved it here till Josh gets a chance to look at it..
Old 02-15-2008, 02:27 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by keowee1
Anyone have any idea how much a dealers cost on a RZR is??
I WOULD NOT HAVE MOVED THIS!

Dealer cost will never be discussed honestly so why even bother asking?

Every dealer could be paying a substantially different price depending upon how much business they do and how many units they buy and move every year. Dealers also may get advertising kick backs, accessory kick backs and a host of other credits that bring down their actual cost of each and every machine they order from Polaris.

About the best price I have heard of is around $9900 and I can't verify that nor would I expect any dealer to match it.

It is a completely different story where machines have been sitting on a dealers floor plan for a while and they have a need or desire to move them out to make room for new models.

Very few dealers have an abundance of RZRs they can't move so I doubt there will be much discounting for a while yet.

I paid $10,299 for mine and was very happy to drive almost 300 miles to get it NOW. The dealer did cut me some sizable breaks on accessories and that is all I could ask for.

The very best way to begin a very bad relationship with a dealer is to cut his throat at the time of purchase!

It is also not real smart to shop a dealer many miles away for a small savings and then expect your local dealer to bend over backwards to help you with repairs. Although they may have an obligation to perform warranty repairs, they certainly do not have to move anything to the side to accomodate a customer who is not theirs or who they have no relationship with.

You might very well be able to save a few hundred dollars by shopping but that might also come right back to bite you in the rear later on.

Tell your local dealer you purchased your machine from a dealer out in West Podunk and off Ebay and he is likely to tell you to take a number when you bring it in for repairs! "Penny Wise and Pound Foolish"

Gary
Old 02-15-2008, 02:45 PM   #6

Gary I fully support your views but as we were addressed we must react, take notice the thread was not deleted just moved till the site owner sees it and gives direction on it..
Old 02-15-2008, 07:06 PM   #7

Hey Guys,
I dont mind the move, but we all know there is a "dealer price" every retailer buys their product at wholesale. The more you buy the cheaper you get it. If you are a high volume dealer and sell 10 RZR's for instance a month you may get yours for $7500 if you only sell 10 a year they may be $8500. I think Josh will be fair about a desicion.

Mark
Old 02-15-2008, 08:47 PM   #8

Okay, I have had correspondence with all involved and, having info that Josh may be out for a spell I am deeming this a harmless topic. The way I see it a fella is trying to get info about cost and the only folks who can answer that are dealers themselves. I don't think any dealer should have to disclose that and doubt any will here, so all I can say is, get your best price and enjoy the speculation being shared as just that.

By the way any price at or under MSRP is a bargain in my view..

I'm putting this back out in the open forums..
Old 02-15-2008, 09:35 PM   #9

I agree with the decision to put this back up.

2005 GMC Duramax CC SLT
2008 Polaris RZR
2009 Polaris RZR

"Have you ever stopped to think, and forgot to start again?"
2005DMAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 07:37 AM   #10

Grazor,
My buddy was in the same boat you described in your post! He traveled to another state to save 1000.00 per atv. (they were buying 4). When he got them back, one of them had a problem with the cooling fan not operating properly. He had been into the local shop to check prices prior to purchasing out of state and when he went into the local shop to get warranty work done on the fan, they told him they "were really busy and it would probably be about eight months before they could get to him!" Suddenly, the 1000.00 savings wasn't so great. Thats why I bought locally.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   RangerForums.net - Polaris Ranger Forum > Polaris Ranger Forum > Polaris RZR Forum Discussion

Search tags for this page
aversge cost of polaris 90 ranget
best dealer price for new polaris rzr 1000

dealer cost polaris ranger

how much does a 6 seater ranger atv cost

polaris ranger dealer cost

polaris ranger. how much off list cost is an average
polaris rzr invoice price
polaris utv profit margin
polaris wholesale dealers
utv dealer costs
utv dealer invoice
what is the dealer profit margin on polaris atv
Click on a term to search for related topics.