Polaris Ranger Forum - Header Left   Polaris Ranger Forum - Header Right

RZR Air intake Issues. Need Advice

This is a discussion on RZR Air intake Issues. Need Advice within the Polaris RZR Forum Discussion forums, part of the Polaris Ranger Forum category; I am looking into a new 08 RZR. I have seen on this and other forums there is an issue with the air filter set ...

Go Back   RangerForums.net - Polaris Ranger Forum > Polaris Ranger Forum > Polaris RZR Forum Discussion

Polaris RZR Forum Discussion Talk about the RZR

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-04-2008, 07:54 AM   #1

RZR Air intake Issues. Need Advice

I am looking into a new 08 RZR. I have seen on this and other forums there is an issue with the air filter set up. Is this a simple use a Uni or K&N filter to stop it thing or is this a bigger issue? I want to figure it out before I buy it. Dust, water and mud are definetly a facter here in Michigan and if I am going to kill a RZR I will just stick with my Rhino. Any information would be appreciated.
family adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 08-04-2008, 09:47 AM   #2

Send a message via Yahoo to caglezxj
Re: RZR Air intake Issues. Need Advice

Well I have had no issue at all. I ride in dust, water, and mud. And I still wouldn't buy a rhino,lol. Just kidding you should not use bad words like that here.... I know some of the RZR had the filter put on wrong and allowed them to get dirt into the intake. I have not heard enough horror stories to scare me yet.

Josh
Old 08-04-2008, 10:03 AM   #3

A friend of mine has a RZR and they have not really had issues either. He snorkeled his for the deep stuff but has had nothing get into the air box even before.
As for the "R" word.....for technicle trail riding (low speed,rocks,logs,mud and such) between the two machines with similar lifts and same size/brand tires it is a draw. The RZR excells when we get in open areas where the top speed and quickness comes into play. I would be changing only because it will fit in the Toy hauler along with the Wifes XP. The Rhino will not. Also I will not lie the power is a huge bonus. R's are difficulty and costly to get good reliable power out of once you reach a certain point...I have reached that point.
Old 08-04-2008, 12:38 PM   #4

Send a message via Yahoo to caglezxj

I was just giving you a little grief. I have been in both and both do well. I do think the RZR has a smoother ride over rough terrain, and then the speed now that is the fun part. My last trail ride I was having to slow down for one of the members on here. I am sure he will chime in soon.

Josh
Old 08-04-2008, 01:12 PM   #5

I know you were and its all good! I like the bantering on brands. I do like the power of the RZR and it does ride better than a stock RHino. My Rhino has a 3" Xtreme lift that repositions the shocks to a more verticle mount. Made a huge difference in the ride. I also added Progressive shocks. I have like $14500 into my Rhino and the wife has talked me into listing it on eBay by Monday of next week. Then i will be starting the entire build process again with an RZR. We make the side by sides 100% dot legal for Michigan because it opens up a ton of riding to us. It is a lot of work to go through and add all the DOT stuff along with the other goodies that will make it a good trail runner in my mind but it is a lot fun as well. I really enjoy doing it. If you know anyone looking for a Rhino send them my way! LOL!
Old 08-04-2008, 10:04 PM   #6

yah ur pretty funny josh but we'll see how it goes labor day weekend, but as for the rino vs rzr, u already got a xp might as well get a rzr and have the best of both worlds.

Heath

Lower Navigation
Go Back   RangerForums.net - Polaris Ranger Forum > Polaris Ranger Forum > Polaris RZR Forum Discussion

Search tags for this page
08 rzr intake
08 rzr problems
2008 rzr air intake

2008 rzr problems

polaris rzr air intake

polaris rzr air intake problems

polaris rzr intake issues

polaris rzr problems

problems with 08 rzr
rzr air intake
rzr forum
rzr.net/filter problems
Click on a term to search for related topics.