Polaris Ranger Forum banner

Check fluid levels

14K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Bullett 
#1 ·
??? After about 600 miles I check the factory fluid levels and found that the front end, rear end and trans were about 1/2 full and the transfer case was empty! No signs of leaks. Took it to the local dealer to see what could be done, as Polaris directed me, after I informed them of there lack quality control. Will let you know how this turns out.

#2 ·
I had the same on mine. Since I never trust any dealer to check levels, I checked mine after about 5 miles. You guessed it, my levels were all low. I talked to the mechanic who prepped mine, and he guarranteed me it was done. The only thing they could figure out was that it took a few miles on the machine to distribute oil throughout the cases.

#4 ·
Does the manual call for a specific volume? Or does it say to fill till the lube runs out of the fill hole?

Fluids are often factory filled by volume. What may appear low may be within specifications?

I just went around and around with a guy with a Chevy Duramax diesel truck on Monday. The manual says 10 qts, I sold him 10 qts and he installed 10 qts. He claims on the phone that the dipstick is 1/2 qt low after putting in the 10 qts. He is adamant and came back for 1 more qt of oil because I screwed him out of 1/2 qt of oil. So when he gets here po'd he pulls dip stick out and shows me its about 1/3 qt low IMO and he can't stand that. I told him relax, lets wait 15 min and check it again. When we do its right at the full mark. He is still not convinced. He probably has checked it numerous time since. 2001 Chevy with ONLY 41,000 miles.

#5 ·
Just got my RZR back from the dealer. Polaris said the low transfer case was a customer maintainace problem.(BS) The dealer here in Yuma, AZ (Liberty) drained and check all fluids and refilled them at no cost to me! There are great dealers, and I did not buy my RZR from them! Polaris would not step up to the plate, but Service dept at Liberty Polaris here in Yuma AZ did! :smitten:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.