Polaris Ranger Forum - Header Left   Polaris Ranger Forum - Header Right

Check fluid levels

This is a discussion on Check fluid levels within the Polaris RZR Forum Discussion forums, part of the Polaris Ranger Forum category; After about 600 miles I check the factory fluid levels and found that the front end, rear end and trans were about 1/2 full and ...

Go Back   RangerForums.net - Polaris Ranger Forum > Polaris Ranger Forum > Polaris RZR Forum Discussion

Polaris RZR Forum Discussion Talk about the RZR

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-26-2008, 03:17 PM   #1

Check fluid levels

After about 600 miles I check the factory fluid levels and found that the front end, rear end and trans were about 1/2 full and the transfer case was empty! No signs of leaks. Took it to the local dealer to see what could be done, as Polaris directed me, after I informed them of there lack quality control. Will let you know how this turns out.
Bullett is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 11-26-2008, 09:50 PM   #2

Re: Check fluid levels

I had the same on mine. Since I never trust any dealer to check levels, I checked mine after about 5 miles. You guessed it, my levels were all low. I talked to the mechanic who prepped mine, and he guarranteed me it was done. The only thing they could figure out was that it took a few miles on the machine to distribute oil throughout the cases.

2005 GMC Duramax CC SLT
2008 Polaris RZR
2009 Polaris RZR

"Have you ever stopped to think, and forgot to start again?"
2005DMAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 11:26 AM   #3

The dealer said there was a notice tell them to check fluid levels, so they knew something was going on. Sounds like you caught yours in time! I saw mine yesterday, they were pulling drain plugs and checking each for shavings! None so far!
Old 11-28-2008, 01:10 PM   #4
Z71

Does the manual call for a specific volume? Or does it say to fill till the lube runs out of the fill hole?

Fluids are often factory filled by volume. What may appear low may be within specifications?

I just went around and around with a guy with a Chevy Duramax diesel truck on Monday. The manual says 10 qts, I sold him 10 qts and he installed 10 qts. He claims on the phone that the dipstick is 1/2 qt low after putting in the 10 qts. He is adamant and came back for 1 more qt of oil because I screwed him out of 1/2 qt of oil. So when he gets here po'd he pulls dip stick out and shows me its about 1/3 qt low IMO and he can't stand that. I told him relax, lets wait 15 min and check it again. When we do its right at the full mark. He is still not convinced. He probably has checked it numerous time since. 2001 Chevy with ONLY 41,000 miles.

Z71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 02:55 PM   #5

Just got my RZR back from the dealer. Polaris said the low transfer case was a customer maintainace problem.(BS) The dealer here in Yuma, AZ (Liberty) drained and check all fluids and refilled them at no cost to me! There are great dealers, and I did not buy my RZR from them! Polaris would not step up to the plate, but Service dept at Liberty Polaris here in Yuma AZ did!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   RangerForums.net - Polaris Ranger Forum > Polaris Ranger Forum > Polaris RZR Forum Discussion

Search tags for this page

2005 polaris ranger fluids

2009 polaris rzr 800 s rear diff level check

check oil on polaris ranger

checking trans fluid in rzr

how to check oil in 2009 polaris rzr 800

how to check oil in polaris ranger

how to check oil on polaris ranger

how to check the transmission fluid on a polaris ranger 500

polaris ranger oil check

trans fluid check on a 2010 rzr 800

where do you check the oil in 2008 polariz razor 800

wheres the transmission fluid level on a polaris ranger

Click on a term to search for related topics.