Polaris Ranger Forum - Header Left   Polaris Ranger Forum - Header Right

rzr s broken at 126 miles

This is a discussion on rzr s broken at 126 miles within the Polaris RZR Forum Discussion forums, part of the Polaris Ranger Forum category; [ 2009 RZR s has anyone blown out the rear drive axle yet..Mine came right out of the gear housing...I have a hole 126 miles ...

Go Back   RangerForums.net - Polaris Ranger Forum > Polaris Ranger Forum > Polaris RZR Forum Discussion

Polaris RZR Forum Discussion Talk about the RZR

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-22-2008, 08:11 PM   #1

rzr s broken at 126 miles

[

2009 RZR s has anyone blown out the rear drive axle yet..Mine came right out of the gear housing...I have a hole 126 miles on it..is this thing a lemon or is this a weak spot on this thing?? Please let me know[/color]
MonnettRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 12-22-2008, 09:23 PM   #2

Re: rzr s broken at 126 miles

Had a RZR-s lose an rear axle with very few miles also. Put it back in and has held. I dont think the axle was seated properly from the factory.

Rotax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 09:34 PM   #3

Interesting question and seeing how this is your first post, welcome to the forum.

I will try to answer you without sending you away mad.

I am 100% positive I could break mine in under 5 miles if thats what I try to do. There is no such thing as "Unbreakable" and I don't care what brand of machine you buy.

I have had my RZR for over a year now and have a bit over 350 trouble free miles on it. I do not beat it but it does take a beating and I am very satisfied with the quality.

At my dealer I have seen a few that are much newer then mine and in some pretty ruff shape. I guess it has allot to do with how you treat your equipment and what you expect it to do when you drive it.

Some guys push them to the max and then sign up here to pitch a gripe and trash Polaris. Others sign up here and become members and interact a while and then they have an issue they need info about.

I guess you have to tell us a bit about you and how you ride before we can provide much in the line of info about your broken machine.

I'm not trying to be a wise guy here but I do ride with a group of guys and a few of them would never be allowed to drive any machine I own. They can't keep their own machines on the ground or above water so I don't have much in the line of sympathy when they break.

Your axel might be covered under the warranty if you have one but most dealers are pretty slick about determining if it was caused by a defective part or driver abuse. I have heard of a few instances where the axels failed prematurely due to defects but I have also seen the other issues of pure abuse that causes broken axels. Most times, the guys who ride em hard and put them away wet just go out and fix them to ride another few days and then fix them again or beef up the parts they are too hard on. I hear Gorilla makes a mighty fine axel for those who like to play hard.

I am moving this discussion to the RZR forum section where it should be and will get more response.

Gary
Old 12-22-2008, 10:44 PM   #4

Send a message via Yahoo to caglezxj

Good move. The RZR is a proven machine I would like to think. Maybe a few bugs with new models coming out. Take it to the dealer and have them fix it. You will be happy and I am sure you was happy before it slung the axle out. I know we spend a lot of money on our toys and they should hold up for what they was intended to do. With anything we buy it is man made to a point. I wouldn't call it a lemon just yet.

What terrain do you ride, what do you do with it?
Old 12-23-2008, 02:57 PM   #5

Thanks for moving me to the right forum Gary..Unfortunately my wife drove for most of the 126 miles and is SLOW DRIVER..I drove it in the snow over the weekend around town..Just got back from dealer let you guys Know whats up. Thanks Ray
MonnettRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 06:30 PM   #6

Dam, if yours is like either of my first 2 then that might be the problem!

On the real side, if you have not beat the snott out of it and it broke then your dealer will be able to easily tell the cause.

There really is defective stuff that makes it thru the manufacturing lines. Stuff made on friday afternoons and monday mornings are always suspect.

Please don't get me wrong but some of our members do in fact get their RZRs right off the showroom floor and take them out for a beating. I think most of the RZRs handel it pretty well but a few do break.

Having been in this business and seeing the criples I can easily tell what the cause was most of the time.

I also think you and your honey will be very welcome here.

Go introduce yourselves in your chapter forum and it sure would be great to have your wife add her nickles worth just to get some other gals interested in the best forum in town.

I know me and my buddies have a blast with our Rangers & RZRs but it is twice as much fun when our gals come along and make or rides the real adventures to remember.

I don't know about the rest of you but I got the RZR and the OK to get it because my lady said YEA! She never did like driving it all that much but she sure loved being along for the ride and making it 10 times better when we all stopped for lunch and did what we do in the middle of no where.

UTVing is a completely different sport then ATVing can ever be. We have a blast being out in the woods and enjoying the scenery and being with our friends.

I would love to have a super dupper machine under me except that I don't heal quite as fast as I used to.

The UTV and the RZR/Rangers are a natural progression from what we used to love that keeps us where we love to be.

Twice the weight, twice as many riders and twice the cost shoud slow us down a little but it sure won't toss us off the trails we made.

Gary

Gary
Old 02-16-2009, 02:56 PM   #7

have same problem 2009 rzrs mauf date 10/08/08 its at the dealer now i know of three other people with same problem
samsrzrs is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   RangerForums.net - Polaris Ranger Forum > Polaris Ranger Forum > Polaris RZR Forum Discussion

Search tags for this page

2009 rzr s problems

best rear axles for a polaris razor
most miles on polaris rzr
polaris rzr broken axle

polaris rzr problems

polaris rzr rear axle problems
polaris rzr rear differential problems
rear differential polaris razor suppose to move
rzr 800 4 cracked rear housing
rzr s broken axle

rzr s rear differential

rzr s rear end
Click on a term to search for related topics.