Polaris Ranger Forum - Header Left   Polaris Ranger Forum - Header Right

road legal

This is a discussion on road legal within the Polaris RZR Forum Discussion forums, part of the Polaris Ranger Forum category; do any of you know if it's possable to make a rzr road legal in NY...

Go Back   RangerForums.net - Polaris Ranger Forum > Polaris Ranger Forum > Polaris RZR Forum Discussion

Polaris RZR Forum Discussion Talk about the RZR

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-29-2008, 11:02 AM   #1

road legal

do any of you know if it's possable to make a rzr road legal in NY
bumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 01-11-2009, 09:36 AM   #2

Re: road legal

I would take an educated guess and say NO!

You can however apply for and be issued one of the triangular farm plates that will allow travel on local roads between fields and other properties encompassed with in the "Farm".

I do have such a condition here where I live and I have no problem traveling between the fields and other homes located on the property where I live that is divided by a state road.

NY is absolutely against ATVs/UTVs and I doubt you will see any change in the future in this attitude. Our local law enforcement officers tend to be very forgiving when they see a machine in use on the road for the purpose of work but they can be very hard on those found playing or joy riding.

Gary
Old 05-12-2009, 09:18 AM   #3

It is possable I heard of some one local registering it they put street tires and turn signals on it and reg it as a motorcycle.
schnikies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 08:07 AM   #4

Very doubtful!

I just spent hours searching the NY DMV rules. Rule # MV 529 pretty much says it all. The equipment required to make a UTV road legal in and of itself would blow you out. Padded dash, Defroster, safety glass windshield with wipers, Crank case vent system, DOT tires, and the list goes on.

You can also look in the section about homemade vehicles & Kit cars and find lots more hurdles.

Here is an open challenge to any one in NY. PROVE THAT YOU KNOW OF ANY ATV/UTV THAT HAS BEEN APPROVED FOR LEGAL ON ROAD USE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't have the time nor the desire to fully research this or to make the phone calls to get the exact answers but I stand by my opinion that it is highly doubtful a Ranger could ever be made street legal in New York state.

Secondly, I suspect it would be a real PITA to drive such a legalized Ranger because every cop that saw you driving down the road would pull you over and harass you to no end.

Like everyone else here, I have heard about the guy who got it done but I have never yet seen or met him and have NEVER seen the proof that it is even remotely possible.

SHOW US THE PROOF!

Gary

Lower Navigation
Go Back   RangerForums.net - Polaris Ranger Forum > Polaris Ranger Forum > Polaris RZR Forum Discussion

Search tags for this page
can a polaris ranger be registered with ct dmv
can a utv be used on a road in va

can i legally drive a utv on public roads in kentucky

can rangers be licensed to ride on road?

can you drive a polaris razor on the road

can you ride ranger on public roads

can you rzr on back road

is it leagat to drive a polaris on the road

is it legal for utvs to drive down roads in the state of texas

legally drive utv on road in texas
polaris rzr highway driving
what roads in indiana can i drive my utv on legally
Click on a term to search for related topics.