HELP!!! I need and advice!!! - RangerForums.net - Polaris Ranger Forum
General Discussion Talk about anything here.

1Likes
  • 1 Post By Rockit401

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 05-13-2019, 03:36 PM Thread Starter
Spectator

HELP!!! I need and advice!!!

i need to buy a Ranger and i don't know which one is the best for me. i need them just to move from point A to point B (where A is my house and B is my Vineyards, distance is approx. 10km (6mile) ) and the route is damaged and includes many uphills and rocks. i live in Republic of Georgia and Rangers are not famous here, nobody have them, that's why i truly need your help and advice. P.S. sorry for my bad english
i need to compare two different models which i have been told that are almost the same, those are Polaris Ranger XP 900 and Polaris Brutus. first of all i need to know which is the best, gas or diesel and why? and here are the several questions concerning my topic:
1 - what is the difference between 4 door models and 2 door models. can the doors be taken off easily and in which model?
2 - which one is better, gas engine or diesel one and why? and what are the fuel consumption for each
3 - which is the best engine for gas and for diesel?
4 - what is the maximum average speed for each model?
5 - which model is the best for 20km (12mile) distance trips?
6 - i need it for transportation and not for other duties, so which one will be more practical and durable?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 05-13-2019, 04:34 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Ranger XP 900 gas for all of the above.
Brutus is only good for use in your barnyard or work site.

2017 Ranger 900 XP
2015 Ace 570
post #3 of 7 Old 05-14-2019, 05:17 AM
Slow Poke

Not a fan of the diesel but,, I am assuming you have diesel tractors?
And on site diesel tanks?

The diesel may be best for your situation.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 05-31-2019, 10:06 AM
Paper Boy

If I had to do it again, I would buy a used regular cab Toyota Tacoma or Ford Ranger.
These Polaris Rangers are very disappointing. They come with Nothing. They are a go-cart with good suspension and a motorcycle engine and nothing else:

No windows,
No wipers

No roof
No heater
No A/C

No radio
No doors
No horn
No winch
Not much power
Limited load carrying
Small bed
The trans is terrible. You have to stop the vehicle to shift between low and high.

Think about all that comes with a truck that you take for granted......and if you want you can drive it on the road too!

Last edited by Split_500; 05-31-2019 at 10:22 AM.
post #5 of 7 Old 05-31-2019, 06:05 PM
Pit Stop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Split_500 View Post
If I had to do it again, I would buy a used regular cab Toyota Tacoma or Ford Ranger.
These Polaris Rangers are very disappointing. They come with Nothing. They are a go-cart with good suspension and a motorcycle engine and nothing else:

No windows,
No wipers

No roof
No heater
No A/C

No radio
No doors
No horn
No winch
Not much power
Limited load carrying
Small bed
The trans is terrible. You have to stop the vehicle to shift between low and high.

Think about all that comes with a truck that you take for granted......and if you want you can drive it on the road too!
Oh, Come On Split....a new Polaris RZR Turbo is $28,000. or a 2019 Subaru Forester (air bags, air conditioning, comfy seats, drive it from Maine to Cally) is also $28,000., I love my ranger and would not trade it. But Polaris is making a HUGE profit with every sale.

2014 900 XP EPS....
2014 800 LE.....(ass cooker engine under seat)....
post #6 of 7 Old 05-31-2019, 10:04 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
They are a go-cart with good suspension and a motorcycle engine and nothing else:

And that is one of the reasons they are so popular. They do what people want them to do and do it very well. I came from serious truck/jeep off roading for lots of years and these sxs's are more fun and more reliable and lots more comfortable and go more places lots faster for the average person. Used trucks are there for the buying but these Polaris rigs just keep on selling like hot cakes.

I do understand the dual use nature of the truck and it does have lots of merit. But sxs's are just a much different experience off road for me.
Downeaster likes this.

2017 Ranger 900 XP
2015 Ace 570
post #7 of 7 Old 06-02-2019, 06:19 AM
Slow Poke

And I beg to differ split 500 mine has every option you mentioned besides the horn and my Tacoma has been parked since the day I bought this
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190418_135256_1559474281227.jpg (2.33 MB, 6 views)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   RangerForums.net - Polaris Ranger Forum > Polaris Ranger Forum > General Discussion