Diesel Ranger Overheating - RangerForums.net - Polaris Ranger Forum
General Discussion Talk about anything here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 07-06-2019, 04:25 AM Thread Starter
Spectator

Diesel Ranger Overheating

Apart from having the fan installed on a separate switch (already done). Cylinder head skimmed, pressure tested, new gaskets and injectors (done). What else can be done to manage the overheating issue?

Sent from my CPH1701 using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-06-2019, 06:49 AM
Couch Potato

How old of rig? Have you tried a cleaning aid to flush the rad? Most cleaners are now just a citric acid so earth friendly. Are you getting proper pressure in the system? Bad or weak cap can lead to issues. I know that some rangers have issues being burped properly of air. Either have to fill while on a pretty steep ramp or use a vacuum fill system.
Lastly if the rig may need a new pump if enough cavitation has occurred to erode the impeller
post #3 of 3 Old 07-09-2019, 08:43 AM Thread Starter
Spectator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Watson View Post
How old of rig? Have you tried a cleaning aid to flush the rad? Most cleaners are now just a citric acid so earth friendly. Are you getting proper pressure in the system? Bad or weak cap can lead to issues. I know that some rangers have issues being burped properly of air. Either have to fill while on a pretty steep ramp or use a vacuum fill system.

Lastly if the rig may need a new pump if enough cavitation has occurred to erode the impeller
Did all the above and the pump is working fine. Ended up new relays and a modified thermostat to flow better. Seems to be OK now, fan cuts in and out constantly but at least it's staying cool.

Sent from my CPH1701 using Tapatalk

Lower Navigation
Go Back   RangerForums.net - Polaris Ranger Forum > Polaris Ranger Forum > General Discussion