2005 Polaris Ranger 700XP Sputtering Issues at 1/4 Throttle Only
Sorry if this is wrong spot
Whats up guys so I have been having this issue with my ranger for the past year. It sputters and "misfires" at 1/4 throttle but after it makes it past that threshold it runs fine. It also has been venting some oil out of the dipstick just to tell you the whole scenario. i will list what i have replaced over the year to try and fix the issue and what else has been replaced within the year.
- Tbap Wiring (had broken wires, fixed still same issue)
- Fuel Pressure Test (idle and Driving passed)
- TPS Voltage test (voltage changed gradually no dead spots)
- New spark plugs (general maintenance)
- New Battery (thinking it was a voltage thing, Nope)
From this point i sent it back out to the jobsite because we needed it, then the next issue happened. Lost all power to ignition. ended up being the PDM and some burnt connectors.
-New PDM (old one died)
-New PDM 14, and 16 pin connectors (had burnt pins)
So i went and started it up today after replacing the above mentioned parts. Runs great and idles better, BUT THE DAMN 1/4 THROTTLE STUMBLE STILL REMAINS. I don't know what else to check or replace, anyone have any ideas.
Last edited by Amoney47; 08-06-2019 at 01:49 PM.