Polaris Ranger Forum banner

Too difficult to find reverse gear

9K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  NYcountryboy 
#1 ·
I have a 2019 570 Full Size, it's about 2 months old. I got a great deal on it at my local dealer, and it is making my life on the farm so much easier. However, there is one characteristic that is frustrating and that is the vague shifter.

In particular, shifting it into reverse is never easy. There is a false neutral where the dash will show "R" but the gearbox will not be in gear. This only happens with reverse. I have to mess with the shifter and press on the accelerator pedal until it finally clicks into gear.

I use the vehicle in Turf mode most of the time because most of my routes involve crossing some part of our lawn, and I don't want it torn up. I don't know if this is a factor or not. When I'm in a pasture I'm usually in 4wd.

I also have a 2007 Sportsman 500 HO, and its shifter is similarly vague, so I suspect this is just a characteristic of Polaris equipment and I'm going to have to live with it, but I thought I'd do a post here and see if anyone has any ideas. Thanks in advance.

George.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.