Premature engine wear- a warning - Page 3 - RangerForums.net - Polaris Ranger Forum
Polaris Ranger Diesel General Discussions for the Polaris Ranger Diesel

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #21 of 21 Old 04-19-2019, 10:01 AM
Spectator

Any more info on this? Did you ever end up installing one of these filters? We use our Ranger Diesels as firefighting equipment and I am concerned that over time particulate matter in the smoke and from the dirt roads will make its way through the frog skin and air filter and damage the engine. I like the look of the SB Particle Separator because it is the only one that I can find that has the parts needed to connect directly to the intake system. (It looks like it comes with a replacement side plate that goes where the frog skin filter is and runs up the back of the roll cage.) However, I am concerned it takes up a lot of room right behind the cab and will interfere with how we store fire tools, so I would prefer some other alternative if someone has one. Would it be possible to do something as simple as taking one of those pre-air filters found under the hood of Ranger XPs and jamming it behind the frog skin or something like that?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   RangerForums.net - Polaris Ranger Forum > Polaris Ranger Forum > Polaris Ranger Diesel