Turn up the fuel pump - Page 2 - RangerForums.net - Polaris Ranger Forum
Polaris Ranger Diesel General Discussions for the Polaris Ranger Diesel

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #11 of 32 Old 07-14-2012, 01:01 PM
Slow Poke

Agreed. Alot of black smoke without any boost to go with it means quite hot EGTs.

As for not being able to kill a diesel, I don't know if that's completely true since alot of people that play with them have killed them!

This yanmar is no exception. Talking with PPE performance they told me that fueling this engine past their reccomended specs (with turbo) can cause these engines to throw a rod. They didn't say weather or not they had the first hand experience, but I assume they found out just how much the little engine could take the hard way.

If you figure that the factory engine made 24 hp, and if you get the reccomended 5-10 hp PPE claims, then you're talking about a 20-40% improvment in power. I don't know many engines that can make more power than that reliably.

As for clutch upgrades, I talked with Dale at DDP about half a year ago, and he was in the process of seeing if he could upgrade the clutch. the few times I called him back he still hadn't made any progress on it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 32 Old 07-15-2012, 12:59 AM
Pavement Ripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by POS POLARIS View Post
Agreed. Alot of black smoke without any boost to go with it means quite hot EGTs.

As for not being able to kill a diesel, I don't know if that's completely true since alot of people that play with them have killed them!

This yanmar is no exception. Talking with PPE performance they told me that fueling this engine past their reccomended specs (with turbo) can cause these engines to throw a rod. They didn't say weather or not they had the first hand experience, but I assume they found out just how much the little engine could take the hard way.

If you figure that the factory engine made 24 hp, and if you get the reccomended 5-10 hp PPE claims, then you're talking about a 20-40% improvment in power. I don't know many engines that can make more power than that reliably.

As for clutch upgrades, I talked with Dale at DDP about half a year ago, and he was in the process of seeing if he could upgrade the clutch. the few times I called him back he still hadn't made any progress on it.
POS POLARIS is absolutely correct. I was speaking more about the usual way a diesel runs and lasts, due to increased pressures, they are generally built better than a gas engine but I'd say just play it easy and learn what can and can not be done..... without detonating things.
post #13 of 32 Old 07-20-2012, 11:18 PM
Paper Boy

Getting the ppe kit on mine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 32 Old 07-25-2012, 11:10 PM
Paper Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwt2 View Post
I had to cut the little cover to access the fuel screw does anyone have a part number for that little cover and that special washer so that when I'm done I can put it back on. ( I'm still under warranty ).
You could of used vice grips and griped it 3/8 from the bottom
post #15 of 32 Old 07-25-2012, 11:11 PM
Paper Boy

Nice getting the ppe kit installed on mine
post #16 of 32 Old 07-26-2012, 12:40 AM
Paper Boy

Quote:

He said its hard to kill not not able to kill a diesel.yo.my uncle was the valve train engineer on the 1998 to 2002 5.9 cummins in dodge
post #17 of 32 Old 07-26-2012, 12:44 AM
Paper Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polarisrangerdiesel View Post
He said its hard to kill not not able to kill a diesel.yo.my uncle was the valve train engineer on the 1998 to 2002 5.9 cummins in dodge
Quote:

Smoke is just to much fuel in the combustion causes smoke witch is un burned fuel
post #18 of 32 Old 07-26-2012, 12:47 AM
Paper Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger800XP View Post
POS POLARIS is absolutely correct. I was speaking more about the usual way a diesel runs and lasts, due to increased pressures, they are generally built better than a gas engine but I'd say just play it easy and learn what can and can not be done..... without detonating things.
You don't get detonation in diesels
post #19 of 32 Old 08-07-2012, 08:52 PM
Paper Boy

Mine now has the turbo kit form ppe
post #20 of 32 Old 08-08-2012, 08:02 AM
Slow Poke

any before/after vids? how you liking it?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   RangerForums.net - Polaris Ranger Forum > Polaris Ranger Forum > Polaris Ranger Diesel