Hard to shift -- idling problem? - Page 7 - RangerForums.net - Polaris Ranger Forum
Polaris Ranger Diesel General Discussions for the Polaris Ranger Diesel

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #61 of 63 Old 11-04-2014, 10:25 PM
Weekender

What are the years of affected diesel Rangers? I know of 5 owners and none of them have had clutch problems, but 3 are 2014 models. Not doubting issues discussed here, I'm just not convicted the problems are widespread. When there are clutch problems though, I have no doubt they are BAD problems.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 63 Old 11-05-2014, 08:05 AM
Pavement Ripper

I didn't read this whole post it is 7 pages. I Just experienced this on my 2011 800XP it is your TBAP sensor which is located on top of you intake manifold. It haves one 8 or 10 mm bolt. Take it off and spray your sensor off with brake cleaner or electrical cleaner. Let it dry. It will not shift unless the rpm's are around 1200 and it will idle like poo til you clean this. Should fix you up.

Ok read some post it is a diesel no clue, hopely this will help some gas owners.

Last edited by bobiker; 11-05-2014 at 08:08 AM.
post #63 of 63 Old 11-20-2016, 12:10 PM
Cal
Spectator

2015 Ranger Shifting and Idling problems

I have the same problems where I have to turn my machine off to shift,
And when I come to a stop, the machine stalls out.

I do have some differences from the other posts I have read in the forum, so I hope I can use the same techniques to fix the issues.

I realize this is part of the diesel forum, but cannot find many threads that relate as closely to my issues. Also, I have not yet seen posts with any 2015 units yet.

I bought a brand new 2015 900 XP. There has been the shifting issue since I bought it. Upon purchase I was told the factory warranty only lasted 6-months. An extended 1-year warranty beyond that was around $2,500. Almost like someone knew my machine would have issues but raised the extended price so much I couldn't buy it.
At the time, the dealer told me as I have seen in other posts that "the shifter will loosen up with use". I was also told I may need to "rock the machine back and forth occasionally" It took about two months after I brought it home progressively getting worse until the point Where I have turn it off to shift.

About that time it started stalling out periodiodically when I came to a stop. Now it does it every time.

- I will look into cleaning the throttle body under the air intake as mentioned in one post

- I will look into cleaning the TBAD sensor as one person suggested (if the XP model is typical of the diesel)

I currently have one question that I have not yet seen an answer for. How do I adjust the idle speed?? (Perhaps turning that down will fix it all...?)

Any other other suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   RangerForums.net - Polaris Ranger Forum > Polaris Ranger Forum > Polaris Ranger Diesel