new VMAX 12-155 trying to set algorithm. Help - RangerForums.net - Polaris Ranger Forum
Polaris Ranger EV Discussions for the Electric Polaris Ranger EV.
Sponsored by: Voltronix USA

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 03-26-2019, 03:41 PM Thread Starter
Spectator

new VMAX 12-155 trying to set algorithm. Help

We have a 2014 EV and have just changed out the lead acid batteries for 8 new VMAX 12-155 batteries. Both the battery manufacturer and Delta Q have given me 42 as the algorithm. My problem is that although i have used the wonderful directions i found here that suggested using a lamp cord to make a new + connection at the front of the EV and have followed the 3 second connection as recommended in multiple videos my algorithm has yet to change successfully. Has anyone found a site where they will change it for you if you sed them the charger. I've been looking at the Delta-Q QuiQ programer and it is expensive for such a small operation. I must admit that i'm angry that Polaris doesn't support the EV as it should!

Thanks for any suggestions

Charlize
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 03-26-2019, 05:04 PM
Cliff Hanger

Yeah they could give a rats $&? About the EV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
post #3 of 14 Old 03-26-2019, 07:01 PM
Miller Time

Did you disconnect the Main Power Connector (MPC)?

I used a push button switch, instead of holding the wires together. Worked well.

Voltronics 160Ah Li-ion conversion kit is installed in my 2013 EV.

Hold the Control key down and click on a picture or a link, or a Thread, to open it in a new Tab.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 Old 03-26-2019, 08:38 PM
Roosted

Garage
https://www.emf-power.com/ did my DeltaQ programming, but they closed shop recently. You may still try out reaching out to them (website is still up) if you don't find a better option.
post #5 of 14 Old 03-27-2019, 07:26 AM
Wholigan

Garage
I have changed the Algorithum on many DeltaQ chargers. I have one in my Boiler shop now that I sent off to be rebuilt. I just do this in my spare time when the boiler business is slow and cause the Polaris have well u know how that goes. Just finished a repair on a local guys EV w the voltronixs 260AH kit. Was not pleased cause it never ran right or like he expected. With the help of Alfonzo at Voltronixs we got it running in day and a half. He has 5 EV's but just one w Li-ion kit.
Sweetsourlandfarms, send to me and I"ll change it for you. I'm in central MS.
Can you Private message me i"ll give you some contact info.

2014 Ranger EV
Voltronix USA 200AH Li-ion Conversion
Polaris Lock n Ride Roof w dome light, Mictunning 21.5" Light Bar with green cover lenses, Kolpin ľ" Lexan Full Tilting Windshield,
Thunderhawk front mud shields & fender well protectors, Custom front and rear fender flares.
Custom made rear cargo box mud guards, Eagle eye backup lights, ITP Terracross RT Tires (Front 25x8x12 Rear 25x10x12),
Superwinch Terra 1500 Mounted on rear cargo bed
Overhead Gun n Bow Rack
post #6 of 14 Old 03-27-2019, 12:45 PM Thread Starter
Spectator

You may well get a PM from me shortly Boilermkr. I tried the closest dealer that Delta Q posted in our area and they won't change the algorithm but would be happy to rebuild the unit. I don't think we need that so it's crazy to do that. I'm beginning to regret getting the EV as i'm not the best mechanic and support is so limited. When it runs i love it
post #7 of 14 Old 03-27-2019, 12:54 PM Thread Starter
Spectator

Xfaxman i did disconnect the main connector before setting up the lamp cord, one side to it and the other to the female section. The other ends when touched for 3 seconds should advance the setting but no go for me. I did somehow see the setting go from 73 (i think) to 38 but am stuck there despite repeated efforts.
Thank you all for your help!
post #8 of 14 Old 03-27-2019, 06:48 PM
Cliff Hanger

Honestly I think itís retarded that itís so difficult to change the algorithm. I mean really? We have electric cars running on our highways, we can launch rockets then return them home to their original position but we need lamp cords and must try to count flashing little lights to identify and change an algorithm. What the hell?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
post #9 of 14 Old 03-27-2019, 08:40 PM
Wholigan

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetsourlandfarms View Post
You may well get a PM from me shortly Boilermkr. I tried the closest dealer that Delta Q posted in our area and they won't change the algorithm but would be happy to rebuild the unit. I don't think we need that so it's crazy to do that. I'm beginning to regret getting the EV as i'm not the best mechanic and support is so limited. When it runs i love it
Most donít even know what your talking about and Polaris prably wont let them cause they advertise the batteries recharge in 8 hours so fry the batteries to get that.

T

2014 Ranger EV
Voltronix USA 200AH Li-ion Conversion
Polaris Lock n Ride Roof w dome light, Mictunning 21.5" Light Bar with green cover lenses, Kolpin ľ" Lexan Full Tilting Windshield,
Thunderhawk front mud shields & fender well protectors, Custom front and rear fender flares.
Custom made rear cargo box mud guards, Eagle eye backup lights, ITP Terracross RT Tires (Front 25x8x12 Rear 25x10x12),
Superwinch Terra 1500 Mounted on rear cargo bed
Overhead Gun n Bow Rack
post #10 of 14 Old 03-29-2019, 02:27 PM
Slow Poke

My buddy just bought a used 2014 EV and purchased AGM batteries only to find that the 42/43 algorithms were not programmed in his Delta Q from the factory. He ended up taking it to a golf cart shop with a programmer and they flashed both algorithms to his charger for $40.

I spend an hour going through and couldn't for the life of me figure out what was going on because he had several 3 digit algorithms. When you're only expecting 2 digits, and you get 3 digits...it throws you off!

You might look into it from this perspective.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   RangerForums.net - Polaris Ranger Forum > Polaris Ranger Forum > Polaris Ranger EV