Newbie - RangerForums.net - Polaris Ranger Forum
Polaris Ranger EV Discussions for the Electric Polaris Ranger EV.
Sponsored by: Voltronix USA

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 04-04-2019, 01:29 PM Thread Starter
Spectator

I was just reading through the forum as I just ordered a 2019 Ranger EV. They have it on a 6 - 8 week wait so while I'm waiting I'm researching anything I may need for my new Ranger. I went with the Harvester tires, roof, front and rear windshields and in-cab gun rack as my only dealer options. From reading this forum it looks like I will need the Flow Rite water system? I would also like to add the Rugcel winch (https://www.amazon.com/RUGCEL-WINCH-.../dp/B07CL6QVK4). Is there anything extra I would need to mount and use this winch?

What kind of range should I expect? Is there any other options I should consider?

Thank you for your expertise.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 04-04-2019, 06:52 PM
Black Magic

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SippiRanger View Post
I was just reading through the forum as I just ordered a 2019 Ranger EV. They have it on a 6 - 8 week wait so while I'm waiting I'm researching anything I may need for my new Ranger. I went with the Harvester tires, roof, front and rear windshields and in-cab gun rack as my only dealer options. From reading this forum it looks like I will need the Flow Rite water system? I would also like to add the Rugcel winch (https://www.amazon.com/RUGCEL-WINCH-.../dp/B07CL6QVK4). Is there anything extra I would need to mount and use this winch?

What kind of range should I expect? Is there any other options I should consider?

Thank you for your expertise.
First thing is change the algorithm of the charger to 11, 71, or 72 so the charger doesn't boil the batteries. Stop the massive corrosion problems before they start. ALWAYS keep the battery cable ends coated w some type of protectant either spray on or out of a can w brush. On the winch it is not necessary to purchase the 300.00 kit Polaris has for its Auxiliary battery. Only usefullness is a battery tray. It will not keep the winch battery charged. it only charges when the cart is moving. You can have someone build you a box to mount the winch battery in between the open spae in the front under the hood and connect it-to the winch contactor. But if your not into installing add ons yourself its probably your best bet. Install a onboard or off board charger. Some as i did tie in the charger power cord to the Delta q AC cord and charge the battery for winch when the cart is plugged in. watering system is a must for the bucket seat Ranger as you won't be able to get to all the batteries to water.
Theres a lot of good advise on here from those who have lots of experience and knowledge of how the EV operates. More than you'll get from the Dealer's Tech. Consider the Thunderhawk front mud guards that attach over the front tires under the hood. They will keep all the mud away from everything under the hood. Best investment in accessories i made. Also look at the front fender well guards that attach behind each front wheel and block the mud from gathering in the open space between the fire wall and side panel.
I'll try to post some pics if i can find them of the mud guards mounted on my cart.

2014 Ranger EV
Voltronixs USA 200AH Li-ion Conversion kit
Polaris Lock n Ride Roof w dome light, Mictunning 21.5" Light Bar with green cover lenses, Kolpin " Lexan Full Tilting Windshield,
Thunderhawk front mud shields & fender well protectors, Custom front and rear fender flares.
Custom made rear cargo box mud guards, Eagle eye backup lights, ITP Terracross RT Tires (Front 25x8x12 Rear 25x10x12),
Superwinch Terra 1500 Mounted on rear cargo bed
Overhead Gun Rack
post #3 of 5 Old 04-04-2019, 07:41 PM
Black Magic

Garage
Some ideas. Right click and select open link in new window

IMG_2458.jpeg

IMG_3347.jpg

IMG_3345.jpg

lrXJuXXnT8GMJRWOanYjQg.jpg

gKc0DaxtTZSESH5iDeF29w.jpg

2014 Ranger EV
Polaris Lock n Ride Roof w dome light, Mictunning 21.5" Light Bar with green cover lenses, Kolpin " Lexan Full Tilting Windshield,
Thunderhawk front mud shields & fender well protectors, Custom front and rear fender flares.
Custom made rear cargo box mud guards, Eagle eye backup lights, ITP Terracross RT Tires (Front 25x8x12 Rear 25x10x12),
Overhead Gun Rack
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 05-04-2019, 03:14 PM Thread Starter
Spectator

Thank you for your reply! I got lucky and my EV came in early. I just picked it up yesterday! First up will be a reprogram on the charger algorithm and apply the NOCO corrosion preventative. I will look into the mud guards for sure. It seems you are just South of our hunting camp in Holmes County? How do you like your tires?

Thanks again for the help.
post #5 of 5 Old 05-04-2019, 03:56 PM
Black Magic

Garage
I have had them for 2 seasons and hardly any show of wear. They are 6 ply tires.

2014 Ranger EV
Overhead Gun Rack

Lower Navigation
Go Back   RangerForums.net - Polaris Ranger Forum > Polaris Ranger Forum > Polaris Ranger EV