2015-Current Battery Access - RangerForums.net - Polaris Ranger Forum
Polaris Ranger EV Discussions for the Electric Polaris Ranger EV.
Sponsored by: Voltronix USA

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 04-15-2019, 08:02 AM Thread Starter
Paper Boy

2015-Current Battery Access

I recently sold my 2010 Ranger and purchased a 2015 Ranger. There is very little space to perform battery maintenance even with raising the bed. Has anyone removed the plastic trim piece that runs across the opening where the seats fasten? How is everyone else servicing their batteries?
I would like to eventually convert to lithium and eliminate this issue. However, the price is hard to justify.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-15-2019, 08:52 AM
Moon Shiner

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradfsd View Post
However, the price is hard to justify.
https://www.techdirectclub.com/mini-...ay-golf-solar/
post #3 of 4 Old 04-15-2019, 11:51 AM
Belt Smoker

Garage
Cool link - that's a much more polished version of my DIY Leaf pack. 71 lbs ... I guess that's why I grunt a bit when I'm carrying it!

Looking at the rated output, it would appear that I would need at least 2 of these packs in parallel. 60A continuous discharge is below what I regularly see. The meter is always bouncing, of course. It's not a steady draw. But I'd say the average on Low is 75-ish amps and on High is over 100.

Perhaps Medium would do 50A? I can't use medium ... my brakes drag enough, the drive-train needs rebuilding ... that I only go about 2 mph in medium

2011 Ranger EVs - bringing them back from the dead!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 04-15-2019, 01:51 PM
Moon Shiner

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by thingstodo_ca View Post
Cool link - that's a much more polished version of my DIY Leaf pack. 71 lbs ... I guess that's why I grunt a bit when I'm carrying it!

Looking at the rated output, it would appear that I would need at least 2 of these packs in parallel. 60A continuous discharge is below what I regularly see. The meter is always bouncing, of course. It's not a steady draw. But I'd say the average on Low is 75-ish amps and on High is over 100.

Perhaps Medium would do 50A? I can't use medium ... my brakes drag enough, the drive-train needs rebuilding ... that I only go about 2 mph in medium
Yeah, connecting 2 or 3 in parallel should work. The other option is to bypass BMS for the load, but use BMS for charging. They also have a power supply that can be used to charge it :

https://www.techdirectclub.com/delta...ackup-charger/

Lower Navigation
Go Back   RangerForums.net - Polaris Ranger Forum > Polaris Ranger Forum > Polaris Ranger EV