Any new updates on Vmax AGM batteries? - RangerForums.net - Polaris Ranger Forum
Polaris Ranger EV Discussions for the Electric Polaris Ranger EV.
Sponsored by: Voltronix USA

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 06-03-2019, 07:45 AM Thread Starter
Cliff Hanger

Any new updates on Vmax AGM batteries?

Im getting about ready to buy a new set of batteries for my 2014 EVs. Really considering hard the new Vmax AGMs but wondering if anybody has any new feedback or reviews before I pull the trigger. The concept seems great low maintenance same amp hour rating as oem batteries and lighter weight. Would love to hear from someone already running them though just to confirm. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 06-08-2019, 06:36 AM Thread Starter
Cliff Hanger

No one has tried these yet? Getting quiet on the EV forum. Lol

post #3 of 6 Old 06-08-2019, 07:07 AM
Roosted

I'm following this thread too, waiting to get some feedback on performance before pulling the trigger on these.

2016 EV Avalanche Grey/Polaris SportRoof/Seizmik Versa-Fold Windshield/Polaris Lock & Ride Pro-Fit Glass Rear Panel/KFI Rear Tube HD Bumper/Great Day Inc Quick Draw Overhead Gun Rack/Seizmik pursuit side view mirrors /Viper Elite 4,500 lb Wide Spool Winch /EZ turn signal and horn kit/Pro Armor SIXR 14"wheels/Grim reapers 26/9.00/R14 front 26/11.00/R14 rear/Super Daves rear A arm outer & rear shock bushings/cargo bed liner/chainsaw holder/gun grabber rifle holder/poly doors.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 06-08-2019, 08:13 AM Thread Starter
Cliff Hanger

The concept looks great provided they perform and offer low maint like I think they will. One of my main concerns is the charging algorithm and if I need a temperature sensor added or not. The problem is no one seems to know. Even if you call the charger manufacturer or battery supplier you get different directions from different people at the same company. Anytime this happens I get concerned.

post #5 of 6 Old 06-08-2019, 04:31 PM
Roosted

I agree. Hopefully some of the AGM battery users will respond with their performance and the algorithm they are using. I was told no to a temperature sensor by both the battery and charger reps a few months back.

2016 EV Avalanche Grey/Polaris SportRoof/Seizmik Versa-Fold Windshield/Polaris Lock & Ride Pro-Fit Glass Rear Panel/KFI Rear Tube HD Bumper/Great Day Inc Quick Draw Overhead Gun Rack/Seizmik pursuit side view mirrors /Viper Elite 4,500 lb Wide Spool Winch /EZ turn signal and horn kit/Pro Armor SIXR 14"wheels/Grim reapers 26/9.00/R14 front 26/11.00/R14 rear/Super Daves rear A arm outer & rear shock bushings/cargo bed liner/chainsaw holder/gun grabber rifle holder/poly doors.
post #6 of 6 Old 06-09-2019, 08:36 PM Thread Starter
Cliff Hanger

I hope no temp sensor is required. Would be easier for sure. Looking forward to updates on these batteries.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   RangerForums.net - Polaris Ranger Forum > Polaris Ranger Forum > Polaris Ranger EV