Work, Standard or PERFORMANCE mode. - RangerForums.net - Polaris Ranger Forum
Polaris Ranger XP1000 Discussions for the all new Polaris Ranger XP1000

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 12-03-2016, 01:38 PM Thread Starter
Hog Chaser

Work, Standard or PERFORMANCE mode.

Mostly breaking the Ranger in work mode, but today tried performance mode. Woe...kinda scary. Understand I not running in a large area yet but still, there is a big deference..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 12-12-2016, 10:39 AM
Spectator

I think it is just purely a throttle response to foot pressure thing and not as useful as I had imagined when I bought the machine. I could easily get by without it, but do use it some since it is there. I mainly use standard mode. I use work mode when I let someone else drive because otherwise I might get whiplash from their lack of foot control. I also use work mode loading unloading onto the trailer, pulling a trailer, and moving around in tight quarters where I need a little more precision. I don't know that I can even notice the difference between standard and performance. Work mode would be better if you could get really precise movement where you could inch forward from a stop without the jerk forward that you get in all the modes. I am guessing that is a product of the CVT and not the throttle itself, but Polaris would have been better off doing better in that situation instead of just changing how sensitive the gas pedal is.

Last edited by houghtonic; 12-12-2016 at 10:42 AM.
post #3 of 10 Old 06-20-2019, 01:14 PM
Spectator

I know this thread is old and may not be applicable based on the year of the machine, but I just got a used 2018 Ranger Crew XP 1000 with about 800 miles on it. New to the forum here.

I didn't notice the 3 mode switch when I took it for a test drive. It runs great, and I've had it out several times since I bought it. When I finally noticed the 3 mode switch, I obviously decided to try it out, but it doesn't seem to do anything at all whatsoever. I understand it's more just a throttle response to foot pressure concept, but has anyone else experienced it seemingly making absolutely no difference? And maybe more importantly, is the switch supposed to be back lit, like the 4WD switch is when switched to 4WD or unlocked differential? Mine is not back lit in any mode.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 06-20-2019, 11:13 PM
Billy Goat

Canít recall seeing any back light but I drive mine in performance mode all the time and can definitely to the difference when the kids hit the switch to work mode. If you ask me it seems like a good way to burn a belt because you ease the belt into engagement with the slower throttle response thatís why I run in performance mode all the time. That way I can fully control the belt engagement with my foot.
post #5 of 10 Old 06-21-2019, 11:00 PM
Slow Poke

I also run only on performance mode I find there Is a huge difference between the 3 modes
post #6 of 10 Old 06-21-2019, 11:01 PM
Slow Poke

Tune and clutch kit coming soon
post #7 of 10 Old 07-06-2019, 08:01 AM
Couch Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Newman View Post
Which one? My 19 1000xp seems to have a way better clutch than the 15 900 I traded in. If I decided I want more power I probably go with Gilomen and haul the rig to him. Very busy using the rig to setup a
big fireworks display and is proving to be the most useful thing in the field as the field is very soft.
post #8 of 10 Old 07-07-2019, 06:43 PM
Paper Boy

Send a message via AIM to Lennstang Send a message via MSN to Lennstang Send a message via Yahoo to Lennstang
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Newman View Post
You are going to love it.

Lenn Johnson
Pembroke, NH
Electrical Contractor
post #9 of 10 Old Today, 03:53 PM
Spectator

the three modes just change the amount of throttle available at the peddle. its something like performance mode allows 100% throttle right away (more on and off switch), standard mode allows 100% throttle but only after more than 50% pedal travel (gives you more control to roll in the power), work mode doesnt allow 100% throttle and has even more of a range of control. This is not exact but something like this.
post #10 of 10 Old Today, 09:34 PM
Couch Potato

Pretty close to what hourang said is what I experienced. Used all three modes over 4 days last weekend. Still breaking in so very little high gear. Have to get fluids for the 25 hour change after this weekend.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   RangerForums.net - Polaris Ranger Forum > Polaris Ranger Forum > Polaris Ranger XP1000