2018 Polaris 1000 overheating - RangerForums.net - Polaris Ranger Forum
Polaris Ranger XP1000 Discussions for the all new Polaris Ranger XP1000

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 07-16-2018, 09:10 AM Thread Starter
Spectator

2018 Polaris 1000 overheating

Bought our 2018 Polaris Ranger 1000 last November, used it during hunting season in cold weather, ran fine. This summer when the temperatures warmed up, the rig began heating up and shutting off. Can hear the fan coming on and off. Been keeping an eye on the coolant level. Watching the engine temps, it fluctuates quite rapidly as you are going along. If you pull over to stop, with engine running, it really heats up fast. It has blown out coolant several times. When it shuts off, it has to cool down before it will run again. Since it's still under warranty, we will probably have to see if it's anything the dealer can fix. Has anyone else had this problem? Would like to know more about similar incidents and what if anything people have done or learned about it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 07-16-2018, 05:00 PM
Moon Shiner

Ive run mine on some pretty hot days 85-95 degrees and the only time I seen it go to 212 degrees was on a long stretch on a the road with the rpms running high for a long way. Putting around the pasture it usually goes to about 207 then starts back down until fan shuts off.
post #3 of 5 Old 07-16-2018, 08:06 PM
Mountaineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishintugee View Post
Bought our 2018 Polaris Ranger 1000 last November, used it during hunting season in cold weather, ran fine. This summer when the temperatures warmed up, the rig began heating up and shutting off. Can hear the fan coming on and off. Been keeping an eye on the coolant level. Watching the engine temps, it fluctuates quite rapidly as you are going along. If you pull over to stop, with engine running, it really heats up fast. It has blown out coolant several times. When it shuts off, it has to cool down before it will run again. Since it's still under warranty, we will probably have to see if it's anything the dealer can fix. Has anyone else had this problem? Would like to know more about similar incidents and what if anything people have done or learned about it?
Whats your temp. Range? Have you cleaned the radiator? Maybe a bad thermostat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 04-14-2019, 11:36 AM
Couch Potato

I have had the same problem with my 2018 1000xp. I did a little research and found out we are not alone. It seams that since the radiator is in the front and they run the lines down and up again this forms an air pocket that is hard to bleed out on this closed system. At least that is what some say. To try and fix this it was recommended to elevate the front end as much as you can and then fill with coolant. Supposedly this gets the air out. I did this but it still overheats and blows about 1/2 qt of coolant out. I have also noticed if you turn off ignition when it’s close to 200 degrees in continues to climb and get considerably hotter since the fan does not run when it’s off and it boils over. The dealer did suggest it might be the thermostat. They also acted like that was something new. I know nothing is perfect but this Ranger has 25 hrs on it. It might be a bad batch but seems funny so many are having the same issue. Right now I try not to shut it down until the fan stops running. I was thinking maybe a ECM tune could help this also. I hear that they turn the fan on sooner than stock. Lately I have not added any more coolant and it has not kicked any more out. Maybe it’s a over fill problem.

Last edited by Fasted54; 04-14-2019 at 11:38 AM.
post #5 of 5 Old 04-14-2019, 02:45 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
It is normal for Polaris vehicles to run up to 204-208 degrees and then the fan cools it back down usually in the mid 180's. Tthe fan will run a lot in warm weather at low speeds or high speeds.

The full mark on the coolant bottle reservoir is also down close to the bottom so it is easy to overfill.
But if it is getting hot enough to shut down you have a problem the the dealer probably needs to check out.
Using WaterWetter will make it run cooler and the temp won't fluctuate as much.

2017 Ranger 900 XP
2015 Ace 570

Lower Navigation
Go Back   RangerForums.net - Polaris Ranger Forum > Polaris Ranger Forum > Polaris Ranger XP1000