About to buy, CanAm or Ranger - RangerForums.net - Polaris Ranger Forum
Polaris Ranger XP1000 Discussions for the all new Polaris Ranger XP1000

4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 23 Old 04-29-2019, 09:46 PM Thread Starter
Paper Boy

About to buy, CanAm or Ranger

Can Am Defender XT HD10 Vs Ranger XP 1000

I like both about the same. I like the interior and exterior of Ranger better. Ranger seems to have more horsepower but I think the defender has more torque. The fit and finish of the Defender is better. The 4x4 is better on the Ranger. The Ranger is a bit jerky at slow speeds.

I like both equally. I canít decide. Why should I get one vs the other?

Iíll probably buy within two weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 Old 04-29-2019, 10:08 PM
Puddle Jumper

Iíve own a ranger with a full Polaris cab and have been in a can-am with factory cab a few times I can say that the Polaris cab is ten times better than the can-am if your thinking of putting full cab on.
post #3 of 23 Old 04-30-2019, 05:33 AM
Super Moderator

If you decide on the Ranger you will find a ton more of accessories. None of the other side by side
machines even come close. From lights to doors, roofs, heaters, etc. Choose wisely.
liftedpsd2010 likes this.

2013 Polaris Ranger 900 XP Camo
Blue Sea #5025 Fuse Block w/Neg. Bus
Seizmik rearview + Side view mirrors
MotoAlliance Firestorm Cab heater w/defrost
MotoAlliance Viper 4000 lb winch 1/4" syn rope
Rockford Fosgate radio and speakers
40 inch led lightbar / Glass windshield, poly rear
27 inch Mud Gear Innova tires / Beast Eyes
Rear EMT bumper / 4 inch lift kit

Ranger put the word laughter in slaughter..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 Old 04-30-2019, 06:52 AM Thread Starter
Paper Boy

I agree the cab is better on the Ranger.

The accessories are about the same now, when Defender first came out there wasnít much. Not the case anymore. Especially for what Iíd want. Defender XT comes with winch, top, and upgraded wheels and tires ($15999). Only thing Iíd add is windshield and back glass right now. Doors later

Not sure on the Ranger XP. Iím going to another dealer today to look.

post #5 of 23 Old 04-30-2019, 07:05 AM
Moon Shiner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcounty View Post
I agree the cab is better on the Ranger.

The accessories are about the same now, when Defender first came out there wasnít much. Not the case anymore. Especially for what Iíd want. Defender XT comes with winch, top, and upgraded wheels and tires ($15999). Only thing Iíd add is windshield and back glass right now. Doors later

Not sure on the Ranger XP. Iím going to another dealer today to look.

If you are just getting a ďstockĒ ranger or defender they are about equal. Now the xmr vs hl there is no comparison. The nets in the xmr are a joke. Hl comes with nice doors. Prior years defenders I believe had motor under the seats like the pioneer and teryx and now can am has learned from Polaris.

I think there are more rangers out there so in turn you have more people talking about them and also more people to help you when you do have issues. Each sxs will eventually have issues and I know for a fact when I post on here asking for help someone somewhere has had the exact issue and it will save me time and money vs going to dealer.

post #6 of 23 Old 04-30-2019, 07:56 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
I really like the Defender. My local dealer sells both Can Am and Polaris and I drove one when they were new to the market.
But for the places I go I won't buy one because of the Visco Lock front end.
I don't know why they don't put a real locker up there.
If that is not a problem for your use then I think you would be happy with either.
But there are other things I also like better on the Ranger like the longer travel suspension and ground clearance and power.

2017 Ranger 900 XP
2015 Ace 570
post #7 of 23 Old 05-01-2019, 11:01 AM
Flat Tire

Man I spent almost a year trying to decide between the hd10 and the ranger 1000 my brother owns a can am and after riding in the ranger I was sold... ranger all the way best decision I ever made
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190418_135256_1556726385900.jpg (720.8 KB, 16 views)
Tcounty likes this.
post #8 of 23 Old 05-01-2019, 08:09 PM Thread Starter
Paper Boy

I think Iím 70/30 Ranger after today. Been to several dealers in the last two days( my job allows me to see the customers as I see fit, just so happens theyíve all been close to dealers this week lol). I think I was quoted a good price today on a 1000xp eps camo. Itís the deluxe or premium model with the stitched seats. Only accessory Iím adding is the roof. Is $15,100 a good price?

A couple things have swayed my decision this week. I printed off the spec sheet on both just to see the differences on paper. CanAm has bigger bed, more storage, flip down console, a little longer wheelbase or overall longer.

Ranger, more HP, more torque,ground clearance, better tires, looks better, nicer dash and glove box, ride is better, and Iíve been quoted about $1500 less than CanAm. Now the price really isnít apples to apples. You get a roof and winch with the CanAm.

Whatís really strange and probably led me to Ranger more than anything, the two CanAm dealers Iím trying to deal with havenít called me back once since Saturday. Iíve talked back and forth with both and even went to see both yesterday and Friday. The new rebates started today and both were supposed to call me today with the new deal. Havenít heard anything from either. Iím not going to chase them down to take my money. Funny thing both are also Polaris dealers.

post #9 of 23 Old 05-01-2019, 09:05 PM
Flat Tire

Are you in the US I paid 30K for mine
post #10 of 23 Old 05-01-2019, 10:32 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Yes, that $15,100 is a good deal if the top is included.
If it isn't you can do better.
Where are you located?

2017 Ranger 900 XP
2015 Ace 570

Lower Navigation
Go Back   RangerForums.net - Polaris Ranger Forum > Polaris Ranger Forum > Polaris Ranger XP1000