Picked up a NorthStar yesterday! WOW! - RangerForums.net - Polaris Ranger Forum
Polaris Ranger XP1000 Discussions for the all new Polaris Ranger XP1000

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 05-27-2019, 02:07 PM Thread Starter
Slow Poke

Picked up a NorthStar yesterday! WOW!

Who knew? I have had 3 RZRs, and a Yamaha YXZ. Last RZR was a turbo. I was looking at rangers after riding in my buddyís and thought I would be disappointed in a few things, but no way! This machine is amazing! Speed didnít let me down, AC and an enclosed cab, MONEY! I love this thing. The ride is nice, nothing like a shock therapy worked RZR, but itís good!

I have a few questions though. How can the rear view mirror be tightened? The thing bounces around like crazy and wonít stay put. Also, I need side view mirrors. After searching the forum I canít come up with anything that doesnít involve drilling holes in the doors, and I donít want to do that. Any suggestions?

Here she is.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 9A7897C2-8C13-4895-890B-7BD46DD93AC4.jpeg (4.64 MB, 32 views)
Scottj likes this.

2019 Polaris Ranger NorthStar.

Last edited by PHILDO; 05-27-2019 at 02:11 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 05-27-2019, 05:03 PM
Puddle Jumper

Not sure about the mirrors but if you go through water and it starts to heat up you have to shut it down and restart it. The engine cooling fan will shut off when water splashes up on it and it wonít turn back on until you restart it.
post #3 of 12 Old 05-28-2019, 06:14 AM
Moon Shiner

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock2100 View Post
Not sure about the mirrors but if you go through water and it starts to heat up you have to shut it down and restart it. The engine cooling fan will shut off when water splashes up on it and it wonít turn back on until you restart it.

Is this something that only happens with the north stars? Iíve never heard of this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 05-28-2019, 07:51 AM
Puddle Jumper

Yea only the northstars mine has done it several times.
post #5 of 12 Old 05-29-2019, 05:18 PM
Spectator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHILDO View Post
Who knew? I have had 3 RZRs, and a Yamaha YXZ. Last RZR was a turbo. I was looking at rangers after riding in my buddy’s and thought I would be disappointed in a few things, but no way! This machine is amazing! Speed didn’t let me down, AC and an enclosed cab, MONEY! I love this thing. The ride is nice, nothing like a shock therapy worked RZR, but it’s good!

I have a few questions though. How can the rear view mirror be tightened? The thing bounces around like crazy and won’t stay put. Also, I need side view mirrors. After searching the forum I can’t come up with anything that doesn’t involve drilling holes in the doors, and I don’t want to do that. Any suggestions?

Here she is.

I just got one a couple weeks ago, I found these mirrors on Rocky Mountain that mount right to the cab bolts.
Attached Images
File Type: png 7F34E8D9-BE6B-421A-8655-22F6923DDBC1_1559168260454.png (452.9 KB, 27 views)
post #6 of 12 Old 05-29-2019, 05:19 PM
Spectator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firmn74 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHILDO View Post
Who knew? I have had 3 RZRs, and a Yamaha YXZ. Last RZR was a turbo. I was looking at rangers after riding in my buddy’s and thought I would be disappointed in a few things, but no way! This machine is amazing! Speed didn’t let me down, AC and an enclosed cab, MONEY! I love this thing. The ride is nice, nothing like a shock therapy worked RZR, but it’s good!

I have a few questions though. How can the rear view mirror be tightened? The thing bounces around like crazy and won’t stay put. Also, I need side view mirrors. After searching the forum I can’t come up with anything that doesn’t involve drilling holes in the doors, and I don’t want to do that. Any suggestions?

Here she is.

I just got one a couple weeks ago, I found these mirrors on Rocky Mountain that mount right to the cab bolts.
It’s a little fuzzy, part# 1603560001
post #7 of 12 Old 05-31-2019, 12:40 AM Thread Starter
Slow Poke

Thank you, Iím going to check those out. Is there any issues on the passenger side mirror?

2019 Polaris Ranger NorthStar.
post #8 of 12 Old 06-05-2019, 07:10 PM
Flat Tire

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock2100 View Post
Yea only the northstars mine has done it several times.
Had a few questions on this since I’ve been interested in a Northstar.

Whats different about the Northstar compared to other 1000xp’s, the AC? I wonder how it handles in rain? Does it warn you its overheating when it happens so you can avoid damage?
post #9 of 12 Old 06-05-2019, 10:39 PM
Puddle Jumper

I always leave the temp as one of the read outs on the digital dash but yes it will turn on the check engine light if it gets to hot. Your right the only thing different in the northstar is a/c and they com standard with the full cab.
post #10 of 12 Old 06-09-2019, 08:39 AM
Spectator

Imagine if HCR made a long travel for these! I have the same machine as you with ridecommand. We love it. Can keeps most of the rain out, have a few drips, sure they could be sealed up with a little time spent. My only complaint compared to my rzr is after a longer ride my back gets sore with the straighter more rigid seat.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   RangerForums.net - Polaris Ranger Forum > Polaris Ranger Forum > Polaris Ranger XP1000