Polaris Ranger Forum banner

Reverse chain exploded!!

22K views 22 replies 9 participants last post by  Jeff iid 
#1 ·
I have a 2019 ranger xp 1000 northstar and today I was backing up a hill and heard a load pop. Put it in low and it moved forward so went to back up again and it made another very load pop. Then it wouldn’t move at all. I was out in the middle of nowhere so I pulled the clutch cover and everything looked fine. Had my wife put it in low and give it some gas and a big chunk broke out of the output shaft area of the transmission and it moved. I’m guessing a chunk of something was wedged in there. I was able to limp it about three miles to a road and had someone pick me up. Hopefully Polaris warranty stands up for it.

#3 ·
Dealer called and said Polaris wants recites for service done. I said “I live 2 1/2 hrs away from dealer and I’m not gonna drive that far for service when I need it every couple months”. He said “I understand and we are trying to get it figured out for the warranty “. The dealer is very helpful and is trying to get it covered. What I don’t understand is I paid $25,000 dollars for this rig and a very common problem has occurred, if you look on the forums and Polaris is trying to get out of the warranty. These things cost way too much money for bullshit warranty and they push extended warranty all the time. I’ve bought rifle scopes for $500 with a no questions ask warranty. With the huge profit on these machines why wouldn’t Polaris act the same. I’ve bought three brand new sxs from Polaris since 2016 and they are trying to make me pay $3000 for there design flaw. That’s bad business if you ask me!!! Pissed

#11 ·
Got it back from dealer yesterday with a new tranny. Everything seems to be fine and running good. I seen the broken reverse chain and parts on the bench at the dealer. It’s no wonder these reverse chains break its only 1/2” or less wide. Kinda scary to back up after seeing it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.