Looking at a 2019 Ranger 1000 and had some questions - RangerForums.net - Polaris Ranger Forum
Polaris Ranger XP1000 Discussions for the all new Polaris Ranger XP1000

5Likes
  • 1 Post By seokladuckin
  • 1 Post By Scott Watson
  • 1 Post By Lennstang
  • 1 Post By liftedpsd2010
  • 1 Post By Will24

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 07-08-2019, 03:03 PM Thread Starter
Couch Potato

Looking at a 2019 Ranger 1000 and had some questions

I'm looking at getting a new side by side in the near future and I've narrowed the list down to three machines; the Ranger 1000 XP Premium, Honda Pioneer 1000-3 EPS, and the Can Am Defender HD10 DPS. I wanted the three seat versions so that my wife and our dog could both comfortably ride with me. It'll be used to cruise dirt roads, ride trails, and it'll do a little work around the house when needed. I think we've almost eliminated the Can Am after sitting in one. It just didn't feel as comfortable as the Polaris or the Honda. I have some reservations about the Honda as far as heat goes, but it does have some things I like (half doors, auto or manual shift, multiple 4wd/2wd options). Right now we are leaning towards the Ranger after driving one. It was super smooth, quiet, the seating position felt great, and it honestly feels like Polaris worked to increase the quality on this model.

I do have a few questions about the new Ranger 1000s.

How bad is dust in the cab? I know this comes with the territory, but some seem to be worse than others. We were looking at getting a roof, vented windshield, and rear panel.

Are the Polaris half doors worth the cost? I looked at one with the doors installed and they looked really nice. Felt sturdy and they have weather stripping all the way around. Seems like it might help with dust.

Does anybody hear have the cab seal kit and not the full enclosure? It seems like it might keep dust from getting pulled in around the seats and dash.

How about heat in the cab? During our test drive I didn't notice any heat, but that's not really a good indicator. I've heard horror stories of people getting burned on the Honda, especially if you hit some water and the steam rushes up behind the seats.

I'm sorry for the wordy post, but I wanted to get as much info as possible. The last side by side I bough was a 2014 Polaris RZR 570 LE and I sold it to my parents. It's still going strong. Thanks in advance for the info!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 07-08-2019, 04:56 PM
Slow Poke

Get the Polaris,
Put super ATV half doors on it,
Put super ATV flip down front glass and rear glass,
Get polaris roof that pops off.

The Polaris is far cooler in summer,
Just got back from putting corn in feeders and salt out for deer, in a BAD pine plantation with blackberries 7 or 8 feet tall , snapped windshield closed for briar, it got a little warm but not bad for crawling around in 90+ heat with 85 percent humidity, I wished I took videos lol

Add Super ATV 4500 pounds winch with Fabric line , you won't regret that at all,

Keep back glass in at all times , open front glass as needed or pop roof off , I was surprised it made a difference.

Honda too HOT and several ain't happy with theirs.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Will24 likes this.
post #3 of 8 Old 07-08-2019, 09:22 PM
Couch Potato

I got a 1000 couple weeks ago and really put it to work this last week. No long trails but running across a soft field setting up a fireworks show and personnel taxi with the nice wide seats.
No heat issues that i could tell as it was in the upper 80's with high humidity. Pulled a trailer loaded too without issues but the engine fan would come on. The 1000 comes with thicker seats and an improved suspension that another 900 owner after he made some trips with the 1000 is now thinking of upgrading.
Have not had much dust issue driving down a country gravel road and will change the tires to regular road tires now as I don't see getting down and dirty for a while but using to go 4 miles to town on a daily basis.
Will24 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 07-09-2019, 05:55 AM
Paper Boy

Send a message via AIM to Lennstang Send a message via MSN to Lennstang Send a message via Yahoo to Lennstang
Get the Northstar edition. Has all glass doors, sealed cab, and AC! No dust!
Will24 likes this.

Lenn Johnson
Pembroke, NH
Electrical Contractor
post #5 of 8 Old 07-09-2019, 11:39 AM Thread Starter
Couch Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by seokladuckin View Post
Get the Polaris,
Put super ATV half doors on it,
Put super ATV flip down front glass and rear glass,
Get polaris roof that pops off.

The Polaris is far cooler in summer,
Just got back from putting corn in feeders and salt out for deer, in a BAD pine plantation with blackberries 7 or 8 feet tall , snapped windshield closed for briar, it got a little warm but not bad for crawling around in 90+ heat with 85 percent humidity, I wished I took videos lol

Add Super ATV 4500 pounds winch with Fabric line , you won't regret that at all,

Keep back glass in at all times , open front glass as needed or pop roof off , I was surprised it made a difference.

Honda too HOT and several ain't happy with theirs.

Yeah, I worry that the Honda might roast us on 90 degree days and we have our fair share of days like that. I'm glad to hear that yours did so well in the heat. The conditions sound pretty similar to our weather here. I didn't know that SuperATV made doors for the Ranger. I'll have to check those out. I'll definitely be adding a winch and I always go for the synthetic rope. Recovery gear is at the top of my list of riding essentials.
post #6 of 8 Old 07-09-2019, 03:45 PM
Moon Shiner

The Honda will have more heat as the motor is under the seats instead of the bed. Check out Marty at whomoto for windshield and roof. He can also get you some doors. Id for sure get the Polaris over the Honda any day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Will24 likes this.
post #7 of 8 Old 07-09-2019, 07:37 PM Thread Starter
Couch Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by seokladuckin View Post
Get the Polaris,
Put super ATV half doors on it.......

Yeah, I was a bit worried that we might get roasted in the Honda. I've been reading up on the different forums and that's my major concern. I didn't realize SuperATV made doors for the Ranger. I'll have to check those out. I've already been researching winches. That's a definite must have!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Watson View Post
I got a 1000 couple weeks ago and really put it to work this last week.....
I'm glad to hear that the cab on the Ranger seems to stay reasonably cool. One of the reasons I like the rear mounted engine. My wife and I both noticed how comfortable the seats were. One of the first comments was how much nicer the seats were compared to the Can Am we had just sat in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennstang View Post
Get the Northstar edition. Has all glass doors, sealed cab, and AC! No dust!
lol the thought had crossed my mind!

Quote:
Originally Posted by liftedpsd2010 View Post
The Honda will have more heat as the motor is under the seats instead of the bed. Check out Marty at whomoto for windshield and roof. He can also get you some doors. Id for sure get the Polaris over the Honda any day.
I'll have to check that out. I really like the Honda, but the heat issues are a major concern. I have a Rubicon with the DCT and it's great, but it needs to warm up to shift smoothly. It can be harsh at times and that was another concern with the Pioneer. Right now we are leaning towards the Ranger.
liftedpsd2010 likes this.
post #8 of 8 Old 07-09-2019, 08:39 PM
Moon Shiner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will24 View Post
Yeah, I was a bit worried that we might get roasted in the Honda. I've been reading up on the different forums and that's my major concern. I didn't realize SuperATV made doors for the Ranger. I'll have to check those out. I've already been researching winches. That's a definite must have!

I'm glad to hear that the cab on the Ranger seems to stay reasonably cool. One of the reasons I like the rear mounted engine. My wife and I both noticed how comfortable the seats were. One of the first comments was how much nicer the seats were compared to the Can Am we had just sat in.

lol the thought had crossed my mind!

I'll have to check that out. I really like the Honda, but the heat issues are a major concern. I have a Rubicon with the DCT and it's great, but it needs to warm up to shift smoothly. It can be harsh at times and that was another concern with the Pioneer. Right now we are leaning towards the Ranger.

Hes a down to earth guy. Ive gotten 4 roofs from him. They are metal diamond plate and built very well. Ive been very happy with his products and customer service.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   RangerForums.net - Polaris Ranger Forum > Polaris Ranger Forum > Polaris Ranger XP1000