Polaris Ranger XP900 Discussions for the all new Polaris Ranger XP900

2Likes
  • 1 Post By Cutty
  • 1 Post By Downeaster

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 12-23-2017, 06:39 PM Thread Starter
Paper Boy

Found bolt on drain plug!

Pulled my rear gearbox drain plug for my first transmission oil change and found an m6 x 18 socket head bolt stuck to the magnet! It was in perfect, like new condition, in fact it looked like it could have possibly never been installed. My Crew is a 2015 with 125 hours and is out of warranty. I do have the RPM One 4 year extended warranty. I am experiencing no unusual symptoms.

SO....I call the dealer and he says bring it down, he says sign here and we will tear her down. I voice my concern that either they will find no missing bolts inside the tranny (their are 6 of these bolts in there) or they will tear it all apart and reinstall the bolt and the warranty company will deny coverage due to the lack of any real physical damage. He understood my concern and said he would call both Polaris and the warranty company.

Two days later he calls me and says Polaris wont help, too far out of factory warranty and RPM says they wont cover it either way due to the lack of damage! So I ask him what the cost would be to split the tranny and he says 10 hours of labor at $100 per hour! $1000 to check and maybe install one small bolt!

I told him I would come pick it up and drive it like I always do and if it breaks then the warranty can fix it! He agreed and said that was probably a good idea.

Searching the forums I saw another guy with a 2015 RZR that found the same size bolt on his drain plug and Polaris checked it out under warranty and said it was an extra bolt dropped in the case during production. Not sure if I believe that is the case with mine, I guess time will tell!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 12-24-2017, 08:20 AM
Super Moderator

Man that's crazy. And $1000 is about right to pull it out and split the cases, it's ALOT of work. But it's still a shame that polaris won't fix stuff like this when people find it. If it breaks you need to file a law suit against them and maybe if enough people did this they would change the way they do bussiness. I know polaris is a MULTI billion dollar company but the only way to get to them is hit them in the pocketbook. Good luck with it and keep us posted on what happens.
post #3 of 4 Old 12-24-2017, 08:22 PM Thread Starter
Paper Boy

I'm hoping nothing happens, drove the piss out of it today with a load if grandkids and showed it no mercy! Ran like a champ. Merry Christmas from Tennessee
jasonu likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 12-25-2017, 06:08 AM
Super Moderator

I guess if I were you I would continue with the extended warranty for a couple of years.
yooper265 likes this.

2013 Polaris Ranger 900 XP Camo
Blue Sea #5025 Fuse Block w/Neg. Bus
Seizmik rearview + Side view mirrors
MotoAlliance Firestorm Cab heater w/defrost
MotoAlliance Viper 4000 lb winch 1/4" syn rope
Rockford Fosgate radio and speakers
40 inch led lightbar / Glass windshield, poly rear
27 inch Mud Gear Innova tires / Beast Eyes
Rear EMT bumper / 4 inch lift kit

Ranger put the word laughter in slaughter..

Lower Navigation
Go Back   RangerForums.net - Polaris Ranger Forum > Polaris Ranger Forum > Polaris Ranger XP900