Windshield decisions... - RangerForums.net - Polaris Ranger Forum
Polaris Ranger XP900 Discussions for the all new Polaris Ranger XP900

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 08-16-2018, 07:30 PM Thread Starter
Spectator

Windshield decisions...

Howdy! New UTV owner here. Trying to decide which style of windshield to purchase. How are the half windshields in cold weather? Do the flip down styles direct 'too much' air into the cab?(like if you didn't have a windshield at all) Any reason to have a back window if I don't have doors?(thinking about installing doors by this winter) And are the hard-coat poly windshields really much better? Decisions, decisions...Would really appreciate opinions on this. THANKS!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 08-16-2018, 07:40 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Welcome to the forum.
Yes, hard coat is much better. I would not buy a front windshield without hard coat both sides.
A half windshield in cold weather is almost like having no windshield.
I have never had a fold down windshield so I can't help you there.
I have had the fold out from the top type and I really like those.
I have a back window and leave it in year round. In the summer I take my windshield out.
The back window keeps dust from coming back in from the rear when you run a front windshield.
In the summer without a windshield it keeps pressure in the cab and blows most of the dust from the front wheels back out the open doors.
UpNorth2 likes this.

2017 Ranger 900 XP
2015 Ace 570
post #3 of 11 Old 08-17-2018, 10:48 AM
Official Site Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angb410 View Post
Howdy! New UTV owner here. Trying to decide which style of windshield to purchase. How are the half windshields in cold weather? Do the flip down styles direct 'too much' air into the cab?(like if you didn't have a windshield at all) Any reason to have a back window if I don't have doors?(thinking about installing doors by this winter) And are the hard-coat poly windshields really much better? Decisions, decisions...Would really appreciate opinions on this. THANKS!

Hey and welcome!
We have a bunch of windshield options available for the 900, and you get a discount as a forum member! Here's a link: https://www.superatv.com/shop/polari...ry-windshields
PM me for the discount code if you see something you like!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 08-19-2018, 11:56 AM
Weekender

Do you sell shock bushings for the 2015 Ranger XP900? I don't need the complete kit, just the shock bushings.
Thanks.
post #5 of 11 Old 08-21-2018, 08:19 AM
Official Site Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonu View Post
Do you sell shock bushings for the 2015 Ranger XP900? I don't need the complete kit, just the shock bushings.
Thanks.

We don't. Sorry man. I'm not going to have the shock bushings.
post #6 of 11 Old 08-21-2018, 10:25 PM
Weekender

Garage Products sells replacement bushings shocks and arms. They are a little spendy but will last mant times longer than stock.
jobo2856 likes this.
post #7 of 11 Old 08-25-2018, 06:33 AM
Super Moderator

Plenty of places online to get the bushing, and actually a better grade of bushing than what came stock on your machine.

2013 Polaris Ranger 900 XP Camo
Blue Sea #5025 Fuse Block w/Neg. Bus
Seizmik rearview + Side view mirrors
MotoAlliance Firestorm Cab heater w/defrost
MotoAlliance Viper 4000 lb winch 1/4" syn rope
Rockford Fosgate radio and speakers
40 inch led lightbar / Glass windshield, poly rear
27 inch Mud Gear Innova tires / Beast Eyes
Rear EMT bumper / 4 inch lift kit

Ranger put the word laughter in slaughter..
post #8 of 11 Old 08-26-2018, 11:40 AM
Spectator

Garage
I have a flip down windshield. It helps to be able to flip it down when it's really hot out, but keeps the wind and rain off of me in the winter. The only thing I don't like about it is when the hinge gets stiff it bows and cracks the lower piece of the windshield when working the hinge. It's only plex so it's easy to fab a new lower half, but it's still a pain.

Best of Days,

Miles Hardbarger | Ranger

BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA
Pacific Skyline Council
post #9 of 11 Old 08-26-2018, 12:45 PM
Flat Tire

I was looking at the flip down windshield from Seizmik, with the hard coat on the both sides?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
post #10 of 11 Old 11-05-2018, 11:29 AM
Couch Potato

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to JoeMan3208
Hmmmm. Windshields… So I live in an extremely dusty area. I originally had a full windshield on my previous Ranger. The first ride I took with it was up and down “The bask side of Crown King” This is rated as an extreme 4 WD trail. The last ¾ of the way down was with my head stuck out of the door so I could see. The wind shield would dust completely over. There is no way to clean this when out in the field. So.. I got a half wind shield. It worked pretty OK. Not too windy not too dusty. This windshield had a hard 90 degree bend at the top that would blow the air back up over your head.

Moving forward to 2018 we got a shiny new 2018 crew xp 1000. This one came with a half windshield. This one is a complete POS!!! it has about a 5 to 10 degree lip on the top which basically funnels ALL of the wind coming at you right into your face. Here in AZ you can tag these for the street so there are times when you need to go down a paved road to get to your next spot. The way this channels wind in is about 8 times worse than a motorcycle without a faring. According to my dealer this is it for the pro-fit cage in a half windshield. I am afraid to go to glass as I am afraid to break it. We do some pretty extreme trails that I am sure the frame tweaks a bit and I worry of it busting when this occurs. I have gone as far as adding a 90 degree piece of aluminum to the top of this to see if it would mimic the previous wind shield. Looks pretty clugy however it reduces the full on wind blast by about 50%. I can at least wear my ball cap while riding now…. There has got to be a better solution…..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Windshield.jpg (274.6 KB, 21 views)

Joe & Rae
2018 XP 1000 Crew
Dual Batteries
Lots of lights/Tunes
Lift/ 28's

GrandBabies W/Quads
Arizona
U.S.A!!!!!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   RangerForums.net - Polaris Ranger Forum > Polaris Ranger Forum > Polaris Ranger XP900